Temporary floodlight recommendation

BuzzyBea

Visit site
With the time changing and the evenings quickly becoming shorter I am worried about schooling in the evenings.

We are lucky enough to have a school but we have no lights nor would want to put up permenant lights as don't want to offend the neighbours!!

Are there any decent not too expensive temporary options that anyone can recommend? Ones that aren't too offensive to neighbours?!

Dubsie

Visit site
OH bought a couple of these for work - couldn't help but think they might be useful should we ever manage to afford to build a school. http://www.screwfix.com/p/ae0183-rechargeable-led-work-light-10w-12-240v/1815d Search for offer codes as I'm sure OH didn't pay full amount. Last for 3 hours on a full charge apparently. Would think 2 for an arena might be a bit shadow-y but you could start with 2 and see how they go. You can adjust the stand angle, they'd stand on the ground or you could angle the handle to hook over a post depending how your school is arranged.

BuzzyBea

Visit site
OH bought a couple of these for work - couldn't help but think they might be useful should we ever manage to afford to build a school. http://www.screwfix.com/p/ae0183-rechargeable-led-work-light-10w-12-240v/1815d Search for offer codes as I'm sure OH didn't pay full amount. Last for 3 hours on a full charge apparently. Would think 2 for an arena might be a bit shadow-y but you could start with 2 and see how they go. You can adjust the stand angle, they'd stand on the ground or you could angle the handle to hook over a post depending how your school is arranged.

Excellent thank you will have a look at these. Not too bad price wise and even to get 4 wouldn't be too mega :)

wkiwi

Visit site
Not very helpful, but I have lunged and schooled with just a large torch before, shining on one part of a paddock. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the horses, and they can see amazingly well in the dark anyway, so I wouldn't think you would need much to work with.

forumuser123

Visit site
We have purchased these for our school and, although we have 6, I would think 4 would be perfectly adequate for flatwork. We hang them on hooks on the school fence.

Hetsmum

Visit site
I just bought one this weekend and used it this morning to lunge by. I got the 10w one (£29.99). Had a brain wave and just purchased a netball post so I can hang it from and hopefully won't blind both of us so much! I thought it would be fairly easy to put up and take down then. :)

Dubsie

Visit site
Just to note that one of these lights came in VERY handy on Monday evening when the showjumping competition over-ran by two hours, and the car park floodlights were turned off before we finished. Am thankful my daughter had the presence of mind to pop one in the car. In the dark, I think 4 would be good for an arena but you could possibly even manage with two if you got the height to shine down on the arena.