Tensoplast alternatives?

hairycob

Visit site
Following having his calcaneal bursa flushed HP has a pressure bandage on his hock. He is now out in the field without it during the day & comes in with it on at night. To make sure it doesn't slip I need to use an adhesive bandage. The vet left me with 1 - it's like a bandage version of Elastoplast. I was running out so sent hubby to a chemist to get more. The brand they had was tensoplast & is £12 a roll! No wonder the vet bill is so high - it's the dressings, I think, not the surgery. I tried searching on the internet & could get tensoplast (10cm) for just under £11 but a lot of the stuff that was coming up looked more like vetwrap not the sticky stuff. Does anybody know a cheaper brand/supplier in case I need to get more.

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Do a Google search for 10cm elastic adhesive bandages and all sorts of sports supplies sites will pop up where lesser known brands are cheaper. Hope that helps!

JustKickOn

Visit site
Having tried a few cheaper alternatives, we went back to tensoplast. Expensive as it may be, it's the best one out there. The others just didn't have the sticking power we needed.

£500 on dressings, pads and bandages when the young mare took her knee off! They are ridiculously pricy!

hairycob

Visit site
Thanks I'm hoping the vet will sat he doesn't need it anymore after Wednesday. I haven't seen the breakdown of my enormous vet bill yet but having seen the dressing he had for the first 2 weeks after the op I'm sure bandages etc make up several hundred pounds of it, if not £1k+

glenruby

Visit site
Tensor last or eband - both around the same price and there is no reasonable alternative I'm afraid!