Terrible ad on DD!

star26

Visit site
I know i shouldn't go on DD, but i'd seen a colt on there a few weeks ago that i can't stop thinking about, and today i couldn't resist another peek to see if he'd sold yet. Turns out he is still for sale- i thought someone might have pity-bought him by now!

http://www.dragondriving.co.uk/horseforsale-50987.html

He looks a real cutie but he's in SUCH a state- long matted hair, overgrown hooves, bald patches, the lot!

I feel soooooooo sorry for him :( if he was closer i'd probably have caved in and gone and got him by now, but County Durham is the opposite end of the country from me! :(

I can't believe someone would actually go to the bother of taking photos/uploading an advert of a pony in such a state (surely you'd at least groom him/cut off the matted hair first?!), then attempt to sell the poor thing! Or maybe that's why they did it, so some sucker (e.g me!) comes along and gets guilt-ed into buying him. :(

AAAGGGGHHHHH!

holeymoley

Visit site
Good grief. Bless his wee cottons.

I don't look on DD anymore I'd be bankrupt and eating beans by the time I've bought the ones like this !

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Oh bless, the poor little yak! Wonder when that picture was taken 'tho? If it was coming out of winter that wouldn't be unusual for one of the hairies.

TelH

Visit site
I bet he's quite cute underneath all that :) But I think while ever there are buyers for ponies like that it just encourages people to keep breeding them though :(

star26

Visit site
He just looks so adorable, makes me want to bring him home and sort him out. I should really stop clicking on ad's i know i won't like, but i just can't help it!

Good point Cortez- hadn't thought of that, though the state of his feet (fronts especially, in last photo) still worry me. He does look rather Yak-like, doesn't he! Prob the hairiest pony i've ever seen!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I actually expected a lot worse from your post. He is a yearling coming out of winter, he would look hairy. They do look as though they have groomed his mane and coat, apart from him being wet under the belly. Although his feet aren't great, I couldn't see ridiculously long feet. For £50 on that website, they're not going to do much. The other option is to chuck him in the sales.. Poor little mite, may turn out a nice little thing.

star26

Visit site
Chan- i think it was you who pointed him out in a thread a few weeks ago?- since then i've kept thinking about him!

Honey08- I just thought the whole ad was pretty bad- i mean if you are trying to sell a pony, surely you'd want to show it in it's best light, not looking like it's been through a hedge backwards?! But i suppose it depends who is selling and if they even care? :(
It's the last photo (front feet) that i think they look long- maybe it's just me?
I think you may be right about him turning out to be nice tho, suspect he may have a case of 'ugly duckling' syndrome! Would love to see how he turns out.

honetpot

Visit site
Why do you think they put these awful ads on there, because someone wants to save them and in doing so pays them for far more money than they are worth so the sellers advertising is working.With the amount of grass growth this year in most of the country unless this ad is ages old and its looks like this there is something wrong with it. I will not buy anything that has not been well cared for you are just encouraging the cynical types who neglect them to pull on the gullible's hearts strings.
If you want to save a pony have a look on here, no one makes money from these https://www.facebook.com/groups/welshrehomingproject/