Terrible service from Ifor Williams

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I got my first trailer in October, an Ifor 505. Really excited and dying to get out and about. Needed a bit of a tidy up and one side panel is bowing slightly -I guess from pee not being washed out, no problem I'll get a new one I thought.
Ifor advised that they wouldn't accept a direct order, it had to go via a distributor then they would only deliver it to the distributor. Bit of a pain since its too big to go in the car so I would need to take the trailer up to collect it but I went ahead and placed the order. This was on the 21st of October.
End of November, still no call to say they had it so I chased the order. Distributor confirmed that they had been chasing Ifor weekly but still no delivery dates. Called Ifor and they promised to call me back, and didn't :(
After several attempts eventually got the date of the 12th of December for delivery, 6 weeks after I ordered. Distributor called on the 13th, it hadn't been delivered :( Numerous calls again and :(they said it was being dispatched on the 15th. Again its wasn't sent :( Checked on 28th, still not with the distributor and Ifor phones are just ringing out. So 2 months after ordering I still don't have a clue when I'll get my part.
Really frustrated as I have set time aside to go and get pick it up and do the work so many times now and all the time I can't use the trailer that I so wanted.
Anyone got any ideas how I could escalate within Ifor Williams to actually get them to deliver it? I thought they were meant to be a decent company but I'm rapidly regreting buying one of there trailers.

MagicMelon

Visit site
This is why I'll always stick with Bateson. They are a brilliant firm, always been extremely helpful whenever we've had any issues. They've even sent out small free parts in the past (clips and things).

janel

Visit site
I had the same thing, I have an old ifor trailer (over 10 years old) & the original wood flooring was starting to go. Ordered a new aluminium floor from a distributor as OH was going to fit it himself, to cut a long story short - ordered it in June & finally got the new floor November, therefore couldn't go anywhere all summer! Anyway all fitted & now ready for the next 10 years!:eek:

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I thought 2 months was bad but 5 is ridculous! I might cry if it goes on that long. Did they give any reason why it took so long?

Luci07

Visit site
I thought 2 months was bad but 5 is ridculous! I might cry if it goes on that long. Did they give any reason why it took so long?

Google their site and find the name of their chairman. Then send another letter but this time copy him. Funnily enough, this often seems to provoke a response!

janel

Visit site

No, they gave no reason, I just kept ringing the distributor, who often didn't ring back:( I rang Ifor williams in wales eventually when the distributor said for about the third time 'it should be next week' but to be honest was so releived when it actually arrived I didn't pursue it any further,

fathoms-groom

Visit site
Ifor Williams have the most usless customer care i've ever had to deal with, i've just waited 14 weeks for the side panel for my very rare limited edition green 505 (the sarcasim was lost on them :D) my local dealers were very nice but said they always have this problem:confused:
i was also so relieved when it arrived i didn't do any more
they said it was in wales but they had to wait for a whole lorry load to come up to scotland as the don't send by courier incase the panel get damaged :confused:

they also told me "next week" i e mailed them asking which week was next week turned out it was actually next month they meant !!

Last edited:

Alfiem

Visit site
I had fantastic service from IW. I rang them for a part, they sent it next day for me no probs at all - and No, I don't work for them!

scrunchie

Visit site
Which Ifor Williams number are you phoning? I don't live far from the office and the factory in Wales. Is the area code 01490?

Vodkagirly

Visit site
After my rant on Friday, I sent emails off to Ifor. Tuesday morning I got a call to say the side had been delivered :) went up when the wind had died down today and picked it up. So husband and Dad are planning to fit in the next couple of days weather permitting. So at long last I will have my own transport :)
Realised today that husband is far better at reversing trailer than me so going to delegate hitching and unhitching so if any one has a step by step guide that would be fab.