Testimonial to my insurance company

jaquelin

Visit site
I have been with them 10 years, various horses and they always paid up, maybe asking a few questions first.
I recently had a catastrophic situation with my long-term pal, colic surgery, done twice, unsuccessful, so PTS after 4 days. This was 18 November. Dealing with the massive amount of paperwork to claim vet fees is painful and the sooner it is resolved the better. The insurors just telephoned today - just under a fortnight later -to say that they were sending a cheque direct to the equine hospital. I am impressed! SEIB in case you want to know.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
So often do people complain about insurance companies not coughing up or taking ages to get a claim through that it is nice to hear about those that are speedy, especially in such difficult circumstances.

Sorry you lost you long-term pal though. ((((((hugs)))))))

Moomin1

Visit site
I've heard they are very good. I would love to insure with them, but unfortunately I can't afford it. Quote I got was £1000 or there abouts including vets fees cover. I pay £500 a year with my current (and it's not the well known cheap one!!!) and they have paid out fairly on the one occassion I have claimed.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I had issues with my previous insurer (as was Equestrian Direct) but have claimed twice with Amtrust (current insurer) with no issues, in fact they're fantastic to deal with. Agreed my current claim the same day they received the paperwork and had paid my vet directly into their bank account by close of business the same day.

They aren't cheap but they're not the most expensive out there. But... I do have a blanket exclusion now...to be expected though, I guess.

Moomin1

Visit site
I had issues with my previous insurer (as was Equestrian Direct) but have claimed twice with Amtrust (current insurer) with no issues, in fact they're fantastic to deal with. Agreed my current claim the same day they received the paperwork and had paid my vet directly into their bank account by close of business the same day.

They aren't cheap but they're not the most expensive out there. But... I do have a blanket exclusion now...to be expected though, I guess.

These are my insurers. They didn't pay out on colic recently because I forgot to disclose that she had flatulence colic two years earlier. My own fault so can't moan!! But they have paid out on everything else on my only claim. I pay £500 per year including vets fees of up to £5000 I think, £1000 hospitalization, 2million liability. No tack or loss of use though. Other quotes from others for same were £1000 or more.