Tethered horses...advice pls!

Hippona

Visit site
OK.....small field, council owned...several tethered vanner-type horses since summer time. I believe they have been reported but are still there....all have water and the grazing is good.

But....they are loose again....one has just been bombing around and almost trampled OH.....the field is open, and backs onto two roads ( not main ones)....OH informed police and council who both say they are going out....OH has had to leave as he was on his way to get daughter from school, he thinks the loose one will stay with the others which are still tethered as it looks very young.....

Going through another (open, ploughed) field.....OH finds another one tethered to a garden fence surrounded by rubbish.....he has taken a photo as he says he couldnt believe his eyes....(I'm at work and havent seen it)

So....I have been given the number of the relevant person to speak to at the council to find out the status of the horses and if/when they are likely to be moved. Counsil and police going out to check/catch loose horse....

What to do about the seperate one tethered to the fence? WHW or let council do their thing re getting them moved on???

mynutmeg

Visit site
absolutly world horse welfare - I've contacted them previously and found them excellent with a very quick response and they know how to go about these things