TFT.. best thing since sliced bread!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Had a session this morning, went up to stables at 4. Finally got him in 2 3/4 hours later, little bugger decided he didn't want to be caught, and I foolishly trusted him enough to take his headcollar off. Anyway, hopped on, went out in the field, and started jumping the jumps. I actually enjoyed myself, was just trotting over them, there was one I was a bit iffy about so looked at it and tapped, then popped over it. Cantererd them all, one of the things I was mostly worried about incase I got stride wrong. Was counting 1,2,3,4 outloud which definately helped him. So then I cantered round them all as a course, NO anxiety and a big grin on my face. So happy. Anyone that's pondering over getting it done, go do it, NOW. He was tapping the poles a bit to begin with, but as I became more confident, using my leg to help him know when to take off, etc, he was leaping over them, ears glued forwards. It was brilliant.

And, on the bit front, all I did was put him a thicker noseband with flash attached to, and now I can control him!
grin.gif

The Working Hunter on Sunday is beginning to seem like it be a success.
grin.gif

Thank you everyone that posted about TFT, otherwise I'd still be a nervous wreck in jumping.
grin.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
Thanks
grin.gif
It's mind boggaling how it works.. but since it works I won't question it anymore!

Forgot to mention, horse came in with a bite, no broken skin just hair coming out right behind the saddle on his left side, sods law isn't it when I'm taking him showing... d'oh.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Aw that's fantastic news - I knew you wouldn't regret it - Don't know HOW it works - it just DOES! Good luck for the WH!
Kate x

Oaksflight

Visit site
Heehee, I spent the day wondering whether it had actually worked. I was like, I feel more confident, but that just might be because I think I'm supposed to, but it worked!

Thank you
grin.gif

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
It is a wierd feeling - it's as though you have to prove it wrong - prove to yourself that it doesnt' work - but then you're cantering around without a thought!
grin.gif

Good for you - a lot of people don't do it because they think it's too wierd - or simply don't believe that it works - but it does!
grin.gif

Kate x