TGM & Enfys.... thank you!!

Three

Visit site
Thank you for pointing me at Alfa-A as the possible culprit of a very wet bed! Thanks too to everyone else who posted on my thread and gave me lots to think about.
smile.gif

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/sh...t=1#Post5318940

I stopped his Alfa A last week completely and replaced it with Mollichaff Veteran and Voila!! Back to having a 'normal' bed instead of a swamp.

Just shows you're never too old to learn!

And he's eating more of the Molli - I think because it's smaller, finer fibres. He's also bouncing rather more hacking - I suspect the extra sugar is too blame but since he just makes me laugh that's fine.
grin.gif

TGM

Visit site
I thought I ought to point out to people that haven't actually read your previous thread, that you were feeding Alfa A in significant quantities as a hay replacer for an elderly horse. It is unlikely that the small amounts of Alfa A (or similar alfalfa chaffs) that people feed alongside their hard feed will cause the same problems with excessive urination.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
That's the best thing about HHO - there's always someone who has the answer you're looking for! I can't remember how many times I've been helped out on this forum - it really is fab!
smile.gif

Glad you found your solution!
smile.gif

Kate x

Three

Visit site
Not long til June now Brighteyes
smile.gif
but we take every day as it comes at his age.

Thanks TGM - best to be clear, don't want people to worry. Merl's was having a large bucket (sort of extra large trug size) every night along with a similar anount of Readigrass.

H's Mum - it's a great resource, many brains etc.
smile.gif