Thank godness for BE Records

dieseldog

Visit site
Just phoned a horse up in H&H described as successfully competed PN. Looked him up on BE website and my idea and their idea about successful differ greatly. Never SJ clear and doesn't seem to like XC too much as has got eliminated a lot even at Intro. And all this with an Advanced rider on it. I love the internet for checking up on horses, what ever did we use to do.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
haha, i saw one like that the other day.. £20000, "doing well intro/PN, sure to go far, placed PN xxxx event".. had been eventing for 3 seasons, only ever at intro/PN level, and done one clear round, and that was the time it was placed!

Think some people live in cloud cuckoo land!!

vic07

Visit site
Sometimes I find it can be difficult to interpret paper results.

i know someone rang up about my pn horse who has won and been placed at pn and basically told me he was useless and never went xc or sj clear. was left a bit speechless as he has had the odd stop and pole down but is a good horse. I think paper records can be difficult to interpret, a good result can not look so good on paper. My intro was 20 something in her first intro but had 1 pole sj and was clear xc - a pleasing result but not on paper!

Also there are innocent reasons why a horse has gone badly...... Not saying that this was the case in this situation.

having said that I love being b*****y about people who tell me they are going intermeadiate and then look them up to find they have completed 1 pn!

landf

Visit site
I know of a couple of horses on Horsequest at the minute who have been described a bit above their capabilities - the internet is a godsend for finding out the truth!

dieseldog

Visit site
You can forgive a horse the odd blip in its record, but when people say it's done this and that and they are so lying it is quite funny. And saves in diesel money.

vic07

Visit site
can't believe anyone would be less than truthful considering the internet. I certainly wouldn't but then I always tell everyone everything. But my honesty gene is a bit strong!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
What about the riders who lie?
One person we met said she had evented at Advanced level and wouldn't lower herself to do pre Novice. It turned out when we looked she had done just three events at Pre Novice/Novice level and been eliminated twice! Placed once and that was it..
What a prat, obviously didn't realise you can check rider's results too.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Once you're on the page look at the right hand side where there is a box saying enter the first three letters of the name of horse or rider. After you complete this a new page shows possible matches, click on one of those and there you are.