Thank you Jennbags!

oldie48

Visit site
After reading your report the other week, I got off my backside and entered a Prelim and Nov test at a local UA event. I'd been out once before with Mr B and it had been a bit of a disaster as I was rather nervous, not having competed for ages and ages and with him very tight and tense (unsurprisingly) and he'd not competed for ages either. so I'd been putting off competing again until today.

I kept him out last night which does leave him a bit less enthusiastic and gave me a bit more work this morning to make him presentable, but we set off with him looking very beautiful (although I say it myself). We went to a venue completely new to him and he was super chilled, even coped with the herd of mini shetlands in the field next to the warm up area without batting an eyelid. He behaved immaculately in the warm up but I under cooked him for the first test and over cooked him for the second, doing our best work before we went in to do the novice test! I wasn't very happy with the actual tests and in hindsight should have kicked him on and stopped fiddling but we got through both tests and came second in both with scores around the 63% mark. the judge was very complimentary about Mr B, much less so about me but I threw marks away with inaccuracy, went wrong in the novice test and generally was not being brave enough but it's been a huge confidence giver and I'm keen to get him out again soon. sorry no pics or vids as I go on my own.

so "Thanks Jennbags" whoever you are for encouraging me to just get on with it.

Justturnedfifty

Visit site
I guess you were at Allens Hill! Next time ask a member of staff to video you, they would happily help you out and will also call tests, it's a really friendly venue. Well done though, keep going, I would have been delighted to have those scores on my first venture out. Hope to see you around or at Allens Hill.

oldie48

Visit site
Yes, Allens Hill and lovely to have the new surfaces it's at least two years since I was last there and I bailed out of the test as horse just didn't like the going (but then again he was a past master at finding something to object too!) I knew both test but just froze a bit going down the centre line for the novice test and went wrong immediately. Not the best of starts!
I guess you were at Allens Hill! Next time ask a member of staff to video you, they would happily help you out and will also call tests, it's a really friendly venue. Well done though, keep going, I would have been delighted to have those scores on my first venture out. Hope to see you around or at Allens Hill.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Oh wow well done :D :D If you threw away accuracy marks and still got 63% that's amazing, and the more you get out and do it, the easier it will seem. Mate you already plotting your next escapade?

Really glad I've inspired you to get out and about, even if it does mean that's yet another combination to beat me :biggrin3:

oldie48

Visit site
I've got a really lovely horse who would probably get better marks without me riding him if he could learn the test! I am having such fun learning to ride him though and love him to bits. He's my "horse of a lifetime" I just wish I'd had him years ago when I was younger and fitter! Good luck with your horse and keep posting, so will I.
Oh wow well done :D :D If you threw away accuracy marks and still got 63% that's amazing, and the more you get out and do it, the easier it will seem. Mate you already plotting your next escapade?

Really glad I've inspired you to get out and about, even if it does mean that's yet another combination to beat me :biggrin3: