Thanks for the advice - next ride sorted!

Patches

Visit site
After such a sweeping positive response to my earlier post, I'm taking the plunge. Doing a ride in Glossop on the 30th December (weather permitting - for towing and riding). It's a 12 miles pleasure ride. See how she copes with it.

Will do some increased bouts of trotting and fittening work over the next couple of weeks. Shame I don't have my manège yet as I could use faster work in schooling to help improve fitness.

Damn wet fields!

moodymare1987

Visit site
Ahh right, still hope you have lots of fun, i did a 14 mile ride with my mare, she was the cobbiest of the group i went with and was the only one who stayed lead file all the way, and didnt sweat up one bit and we did quite a bit of fast work,

She loved it and so did i was great. xxx

Marnie

Visit site
I do pleasure rides with my big Irish cob mare, she is about 16.1 and really quite chunky! She leads all the way and will do 15-17 miles (the longest we have done so far) easily, and comes back fresh even after doing a significant amount of trotting and cantering. Mind you, we will do 10+ miles at the weekends anyway, with shorter rides during the week. I see lots of cob type horses on the pleasure rides and they cope really well, so you shouldn't have any problems!

Have fun!

Gingernags

Visit site
Yay! Have fun! Will try and road test the knee boots at the weekend! I know a ride with a good long canter I can test them on!

You'll have a great time! I'll keep fingers crossed for you that everything is fab if you cross them for me in february - having my first go at 2 dressage tests in one day - attempting my first novice - should be a giggle!
grin.gif