Thanks for your help - bought a horse now - long.

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
Hi

Thank you all for your help when I was looking for advice last week.

I decided to buy the ex Race Horse who passed his vetting with flying colours.

I must also admit to a little untruth - I did ask a question about crib biters/windsuckers, as he does, last week pretending it was a friend. It was because the girls forbid me to ask as they thought I would not buy him if people advised me not to!

Anyway, I hope our time together is better than our start as I managed to tip the trailer into a ditch (pitch black and just didn't see it) with the horse in it. Thank fully, the owner of one of the stables helped get the trailer out and trauma over we finally drove him home.

This is him - his name is Mr Biggles.

http://static.flickr.com/89/279239536_fdd801e101.jpg

Can I say this is the friendliest and most helpful forum I have ever been on. Thanks again everyone.

B_2_B

Visit site
aww! he's cute!
grin.gif

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
We are in Didsbury. The horse is for my 16 year old daughter. We have 14.2 Welsh section D Black mare for my 14 year old.

I love horse - but am not a rider - and am well aware of my own ignorance.

4whitesocks

Visit site
well done you - hope he really works out for your daughter (and maybe you'll get brave too???) - folks on here are great with advice....do let us know how the two of them get on

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
He is a seven and a half year old TB. An ex racing horse who ran his last race on August 28. He is gorgeous completely laid back. Given that I crashed the trailer into a ditch when I was bringing him home and he just climbed out - looked at me like I was mad - and just walked back in when the trailer had been pulled out. He was a star.

The only down side is as I said he is a crib biter and sucks wind a bit. But it's fairly mild and we are going to try coligone and will put some crib biting stuff on the door where he is doing it. The dealer we bought him from was using a collar to stop him. I am in two minds as a lot of people seem to think that is cruel. So we will try other things. As I said he doesn't seem do it much - only when eating and only on the door and only then if people are standing around him. The vet said he must hardly do it as he has no muscle build up.

Patches

Visit site
I love it when people have a new horse....matching lead rope, head collar and rug! Bless!

Mr Biggles looks absolutely lovely, I can see why you were taken with him. Hope you have many happy years with him.