Thanks to 4faulter we had a good xc session

Ash the arab

Visit site
I took Joe for our first xc session today at MKEC, 4faulter came along with his lovely horse Ed and we had a great time.

Joe was a very willing horse and we jumped loads of different things inc. ditches, steps and a coffin!
We had no problems at the water, in fact, Joe thought the little step in was too easy and thought jumping in would be much more fun! He has just got to keep the momentum once we are in though and not walk!

We did have 1 'incident', where we lost a bit of impulsion at a double of logs and Joe ended up straddling the log and i was on my feet next to him
blush.gif
, reorganised ourselves and popped through fine.

4faulter gave me some good tips that i shall be putting into practice next time!
So if any of you need a nanny horse for any xc training i suggest you speak nicely to him
wink.gif

Ash the arab

Visit site
Eddie is so good, and so patient - David was quite ggod too
tongue.gif

Lots of work for me to do on Joes canter (and my riding), was having one of those days when i spent most of the afternoon apologising to Joe for being so rubbish
crazy.gif

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Eddie is so good, and so patient - David was quite good too
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
was having one of those days when i spent most of the afternoon apologising to Joe for being so rubbish
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
As I said yesterday, it's not really your riding so dont be so dam hard on yourself. It's more about establishing the rules of the partnership and getting used to riding a big, long striding horse through trickier combinations. For a first time round XC I was impressed with Joe. He has a super temprement and I reckon will make a really nice eventer.
You should have seen Ed when I first introduced him to XC. Lets just say Joe was about a million times better than he was.
Right so thats 2 groups.....next?