That was not a good morning!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I took today off for the farrier visit, brought the horses in before sis went to work at 9.30. Not a problem for them to stand in for an hour and a half. Farrier sent text at half ten to say he would be late, about 12ish. Still not really a problem, checked on the girls, cob and draught horse had taken the opportunity for a lie down :) We currently have a dog with a sore eye needing her to wear a plastic cone, so much supervision is required, so I stayed in the house. I checked the horses again about ten to eleven and the older Appy was having a lie down. Ten past eleven there is the most awful banging from outside, the bleddy Appy was cast! The youngsters were having panic attacks about it and I nearly joined them! Went in and cleared the old bedding out of the way and wondered how to move her from the wall, got round the front end and nearly got caught by flailing front feet, got back out again and shifted more bedding and then went to get a rope to put round her underneath back leg, fortunately she managed to scramble up at that point, with a few grazes but no real damage. Farrier turned up at 12.30, by which time we'd all come to a bit. We only shod her on the fronts as she was not happy picking the backs up for any length of time :( hopefully just a bit stiff as was sound in walk. Cream put on grazes all horses out in field chilling, so alls well that y ends well :)

RubysGold

Visit site
Hope she is OK and not too sore tomorrow

My horse got cast twice within a couple of months, it was terrifying! Luckily there was someone else at the yard to help both times.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
It's not a nice experience at all! She's been in that box for ten years without a problem goodness knows what came over her. Bute for tea I think. Along with more silver cream on grazes.

RubysGold

Visit site
Bless her.
When mine did it the first time, she was on box rest and I went to get some fresh bedding for her
Came back to find her lying there totally stuck but she doesn't thrash around at all, just laid there making groaning noises. The noise frightened me a lot more and I just panicked while (thankfully) another livery took control to get her up!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
What a scary incident. I'm so glad that you got her up without being caught by a flailing leg. I hope that your dog's eye gets better soon.