That wonderful moment...

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
As an antidote to "That soul destroying moment.. ".

I'll get the thread going with my moment from tonight.

After setting up the polishing machine and then polishing strap-end cutters and other tools for three hours in the unheated workshop (garage) at 2°C.

That wonderful moment when I put my freezing cold fingers into a pot of warm Swarfega!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
That wonderful moment when you've spent all afternoon trawling tile shops trying to find the right floor tiles for the steam room your OH is lovingly building you for a worryingly big birthday, finding the only ones you liked didn't have enough stock and were discontinued, when you nip to the loo in B&Q to find exactly what you want in completely the wrong part of the store where you never would have looked ..... half price!

mairiwick

Visit site
I have two from today!
1. When my daughter had her first fall from a pony in her riding lesson today... laughed and said she was ok so got a leg up and straight back into a (better balanced) trot then off up into canter again. I had been worried she might not be so keen to carry on!
2. When I then rode later expecting to have an explosive ride (going by the way she is behaving on turnout and bring in and having not ridden for a few days..) and she was soft, sweet and responsive. Really had a big grin on my face!

BSL

Visit site
5 am...Dark, Rain, snow, wind..you name it. Four horses, mucked out hayed, watered, fed. 15 min walk home (so more cake can be eaten/ keep fit regime:) ). warm house, hot bath. coffee and hot cross bun. And its only 7am. ...Perfect.

Flicker

Visit site
When your horse does a MAHOOSIVE spook at something tiny and silly, and for the first time you don’t feel yourself tensing up, but rather laugh and kick on. Confidence wise, I’ve come a long way!

Denbob

Visit site
When your friend who hasn't seen your youngster in 6 months is (literally) jaw-droppingly shocked by how much he's grown and filled out. He looks like a horse instead of an overgrown baby deer and is starting to ride like it too!