That's it...I have decided...

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
...to affiliate BS this year following a good outing on a ticket on Sunday! :) I'm going to take advantage of their BRC and PC member offer for new Associate members :) (shame they don't do double the discount for members of both PC and BRC like me! ;) )

When is the best time to join? I know the 4 double clears finishes at the end of April so am I best to join just after this so that I have a full year in which to try and qualify for the second rounds?

Also a tad confused though as I am the owner of my horse but my mum is registered as the owner in his passport as I was 14 when we bought him and too young to be registered as his owner I think. I want to compete him as an owner/rider but because they will obviously see this as you have to send them the passport, do you reckon mum will have to register as an owner?

I would love to hear your views on BS, both good and bad :)

Thank you to all who reply! :D x

jumptoit

Visit site
Different owener to passport shouldn't matter, mine is different for BE and no one has said anything :). I am hopefully going to take advantage of the PC deal too, but I'm waiting until the summer as there are so many around here then, have you had a look when most of the events start?

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Thanks Jumptoit :)
The events here are pretty much all year round and our really local venue has just started theirs for the spring and will go through until at least Ocotber and I can hack to them :)
Many people like BS for the better built courses and guaranteed better standards etc. but are there any people with any bad experiences of BS?

Eventer96

twitter.com
At 14 you wouldn't have been too young to be the registered owner, I am 13 and am the registered owner of T :p

I haven't had any bad experiences BS. I like you am unsure when the best time to join is, as I have been competing on tickets all winter and now joining as a full member (PC member discount :D)

Sorry haven't really been much help to you. :cool::rolleyes:

MegaBeast

Visit site
Unless your Mum joins BS too they won't acknowledge her as the owner anyway. If it's just you that joins as the rider then they'll automatically call you the owner without you having to do anything

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
I would aim for after April so like you say can do the qaulifiers next year etc.
I used to be reg. (PC member discount!) but a) decided registering my horse, me and my dad was too expensive for a 2nd year and also because my horse had a certain amount of winnings i couldn't jump lower than NCs, and obviously could do the nat. ams, but tbh. can do that height unaff.
The only thing that i didn't like was that the height of the courses seemed to vary a lot, even if i was entering a 1.10m it would cary from venue to venue quite a lot... sometimes it would be HUGE, really really wide and then sometimes it would be seem fairly small...
good luck :D