That's it!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
I've given up!!
What was ment to be smart/awesome new horse, owned by a syndicate, that are a lovely group of people, seems to be a cripple!! Am awaiting talks with someone who obviously knows a little more about cripples than myself!!
Squeaky, has decided that he really hasn't finished growing yet, and he can't grow, work and carry me around at the same time, so i've given up and dumped him in a field to let him do his thing! (what's that coming over the hill, is it a Squeaky?)
Socks had to make way for said cripple, so when that's sorted out, who knows, i might be able to look forwards to some hunting on Exmoor on him!!
I have an intro on horse called (by it's owners otherhalf, who happends to be a past world/european eventing champion) he calls it 'The Yack' & he's in shock i've got it round some 2'6 PC ODEs.. so if you don't hear from me after 12Aug (Hatherleigh) you'll know i've broken my kneck trying to beat it round an intro...
Should i survive that experiance, i have some PNs/PN3day to have a crack at on horse that this time last year, had some fast moving lead with its name on it (in fairness to horse, i've had a great time riding it this season, and think she's a cracking little mare)!!

Sorry for that self pittying post!
But i seem to be in a bad mood!
Next season i will be eventing an exmoor pony!

tigers_eye

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Next season i will be eventing an exmoor pony

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL! Then you and I will match!

Can see why you're down, don't know really what to say to help atm. Why don't you get Socks in straight away, he's such a lovely chap?

Hope things look up for you very soon, and the cripple perhaps isn't as crippled as once thought...

SillyMare

Visit site
Sickening how exciting eventing prospects can manage to turn themselves into expensive field ornaments!

Good luck with 'The Yack' - great name - can just imagine that one over the tannoy at Badminton in a few years time (when you prove the owners husband wrong!!)...

BBs

Visit site
NOOOOO!!!
mad.gif

Why does this always happen - blimey MdeM all of us have pretty much suffered with lameness, illness or injury with our horses this year
frown.gif

So sorry to hear this about Squeaky
frown.gif
but THE YACK!! sounds a challenge, just what you thrive on!

You never know I might be able to talk Oil into sending you one of his
wink.gif
when we're together that is
wink.gif
lol Will make a bee line for him this weekend at Gatcombe
grin.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Haha, The Yack isn't actually called the yack, her stable name is Orla, and her proper name is 'Expert Witness' rather smart ah! She just seems to suit the yack better!
crazy.gif

There's nothing wrong with Squeaky, apart from i just feel it's time for 6weeks off (maybe that's just due to my mood) but it wont hurt him.. they always say bigger horses take longer to mature!

I know i'm just in a mood.. sure i'll get over it soon!
Thanks for your kind words
smile.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
oh what a shame... he seemed to be really getting the hang of things too.
I can't believe the number of horses who have fallen by the wayside this year, normally we have at least a spare to rely on, and Phil is down to riding Flyn the dutch horse, who you may yet see eventing at Winkleigh (if he can conquer it's water phobia that is, it now does the river but new water may be a problem!)
Monty is cantering like a show jumper at last..The two weeks' solid lunging on a tiny circle in side reins from the girth have worked wonders.. I was dubious at first as it seemed such a harsh way, but Justin was right, he has strengthened up and learned how to carry himself.
I don't blame you for feeling miserable, but at least the mare is doing ok and if it goes round Hatherleigh that's no easy course.. Am kicking myself now for withdrawing Monty, as he could actually have competed looking at him, but Winkleigh is the plan so will stick with that. (unless something un-aff is before then? )
Where are you competing besides H?

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Having read about your plan for Monty, i thought the same would work for Squeaky... mum was lunging him, and bless him, he was trying, but he just looked sooo awkward.. he has a lot of growing to do, and it's a well known fact that horses can't grow and work at the same time.. He's only 5, so there really is no hurry with him!!

After Hatherleigh i'm not sure.. at the mo. i'm not sure my life goes past Hatherleigh!
crazy.gif
I should be charging danger money too for riding it!
crazy.gif

At some point Sula will come back in and start getting ready for Aldon PN3day, which will probably include 1 or 2 PN 1days, hoping one of which will be Charlton Park!

Don't get me wrong.. i'm not down about the enforced time off!!! Quite the opposite!!!!!!!!!! I'm really looking forwards to a few weeks with no eventing!!!!!!!!!
What's getting me down is the endless riding of other peoples rejects!! getting these mules round PC/RC ODEs, etc.... all i want is a nice horse that'll give me some experiance at say **/*** level... walking courses with an Int./Adv class and really wanting to have another go, but feeling i'll never get the chance.... money makes the world go round 'n all... and we just happen to have none!
frown.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
You have to ride a lot of mules to find a decent horse. Shame about the syndicate horse so no West Wilts now?
Maybe a nice word in your parents ear to syphon off some of the money once they sell S? Anyway you have already said Squeaky felt like a 4* horse after Salperton so maybe its just a bit more waiting! Next year will be his year when he is 18hh!
grin.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Haha, i know i know.. i'm just using the forum to have a moan!

I know i'm very lucky getting to event as much as i do (but i'm still making it pay for itself)... but i want more i tell you, more hahaha

I'm sure Squeaky wasn't a big horse when we bought him
crazy.gif

I think i felt the same this time last season (and the season before, and the one before that etc.)... i think they call it the mid season blues
wink.gif

come Sept. Oct. it'll be like starting again!!
smile.gif
only to have another break
smile.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
In that case go out and get pissed up as will have no early Sat/Sun starts! That is something to be pleased about!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
haha, am getting into the swing of that already!!!
anyone care to join me??
night out in Exeter on Sat? haha
me on my way off the rails (only for a short while) normal service will resume in about 4/5/6 weeks LOL