The best Lightweight rain rugs (for the larger horse!)

canteron

Visit site
So after my PE fail last week (thanks to everyone who advised) I need a new lightweight rug for my Irish Draught. Rambo seem to come up well, but any other brands I should look at?

I am a bit of an eco warrior, so hate throwing rugs away ...... so happy to spend more if it means it will last years!

Nicnac

Visit site
My ID wears Maxima and they're cheap too. I had to bin PE which was frustrating as loved the Amigos but they don't last. My no fill Maximas are going into their 3rd winter. I go a size up.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Shires highlander will fit a bigger horse I think. And my Shires tempest rain sheet is 4 years old and going strong. The tempest might be a bit narrow on the shoulders for an ID.

I like the fit of Ruggles heavy horse rugs on my ID type but I'm not convinced by the longevity right now.

Louby

Visit site
I have a Swish no fill on its 3rd year and its been brilliant. Its the ballistic nylon one and is sooooo like my Rambo but cheaper

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I'm a recent convert to Swish because they are a good fit round a chunkier neck and very good value for money. I've never like Horseware anything tbh, they are usually impossibly tight round the neck and chest.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Minor hijack... Anyone with a chunky horse in a Swish got a picture? I'm thinking of trying one on The Beast.

I shall look, or take one for you tomorrow, but I like the way it fits round her neck without gaping but has plenty of width to the chest too without being able to slip back. Most rugs are either too big, or like Horseware they practically throttle them.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I shall look, or take one for you tomorrow, but I like the way it fits round her neck without gaping but has plenty of width to the chest too without being able to slip back. Most rugs are either too big, or like Horseware they practically throttle them.

Thank you that would be awesome ? Beast is in Ruggles Heavy Horse but I just feels like they are slightly too generous on the neck and they slip back slightly. But she does need the bum and belly coverage of them... I have a suspicion that Swish will do what I need. I tried an Amigo on her once. ? She looked like a sausage.