The bestest horse in the world ! BCA, BE100. Headcam of xc

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Well , hope you're comfy, this could take some time :tongue3:

A couple of months ago after doing 3 BE90's, one of which was unaffiliated at Aston le Walls I decided that it would be a good idea to have a go at a 100. Why I thought this I do not know as I was terrified of jumping any SJ course over 90cm :confused3: Had a chat with Nick and he thought that we'd more than capable of doing both BCA and Little Downham and that it would be good to do both as they are close together and at the end of the season, giving us plenty of time to get lots of practice in.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and a local venue (BE venue) were holding an unaffiliated xc with a 3ft - 3ft 3 course. For some reason I just don't like this venue. Don't know why as owners are lovely, course is good, just one of those things. Turned up and the practice fence was a pair of plastic jump blocks with a couple of rustic poles :eek3: People were jumping from all directions and it was carnage. I was then called to the start but they then let two people go before me :mad3:

Got to fence 9, an innocent looking hedge, J stopped and I fell off. Stood there like a scarecrow waiting my point2 to go down a bit, got back on, represented and she stopped again ! I pulled over as I saw the next competitor approaching. Only at that point did the fence judge wind down their window to see if I was retiring :mad3:

So that didn't go to plan so onto plan B - only I didn't have one at that point other than lots of swearing :redface3:

Whilst looking at the photographers website a few days later I noticed they had taken the pics at BCA1 so had a nosy and saw a trakehner. Cue panic phonecall to J's owner saying we need to get to Waresley asap as I knew they have quite a few.

This was our first attempt. :eek3:

Waresleyxcschooling010_zpsd317acbb.jpg
[/URL]

Second attempt I rode up to it screaming "I am Andrew Nicholson" :biggrin3: It seemed to work as we jumped it fine and then onto the slightly (very slightly) bigger one.

Waresleyxcschooling019_zpsc0080ad5.jpg
[/URL]

Then pootled around jumping a few skinnies, in and out the water.

This is the best pic of the day imo :smile3:

Waresleyxcschooling046_zps2350ab57.jpg
[/URL]

So that took care of the xc - hopefully.....

Keysoe were holding evening Dressage last Wednesday with a PYO class and BE106 was one of the options so again off we toddled.
Went in and scored 69.5% - Dressage score not BE score and won the class.......Out of two :biggrin3:
very pleased with the score though. We also did N27 and came second but there was about 7 in this class.

Keysoe yet again on Sunday for SJ as wanted to do the 95cm and the 105. We did the 95cm and ended up 3rd :biggrin3: biggrin3: Decided not to do the 105, I'd rather come away wishing I'd entered rather than wishing I hadn't. So here's our haul from last week.

DE7EA9CC-6E01-4308-86F8-95730EF8E821-295-0000001B92681B00_zps604eebbf.jpg
[/URL]

So as prepped as much as we possibly could. Monday night I didn't sleep much, I was terrified. A certain part of my anatomy was twitching like a bunny rabbits nose on speed and when that stopped, my internal organs chased each other around at 90mph.

Got to BCA, did my Dressage and totally forgot to use my legs until about the fourth movement. Ended up with 34.5 which was very generous. We were both thinking 40 if we were lucky.

Couldn't walk the SJ as times were to tight for walking the XC but watched a few in the 90 and course looked ok. This worked in my favour as I couldn't see how big they were. Biggest course I've jumped in a competition environment. Unlucky pole down at 5 but I rode like a knob into the last and had it down - 100% my fault :mad3:

Video here

http://youtu.be/AqoK0NnINfI

Onto the XC, Lovely course. Lots of nice rounded logs and nothing to technical. The trakehner terrified the life out of me - I'll be totally honest :redface3: and knew I had to ride it like a banshee but not fall off and into it. Well I'm sure you guessed by the title, Jasmine was the best ever horse in the world and only went bloody clear :biggrin3: We had 20.4 time faults but getting the time wasn't even in the game plan. It didn't help that I went the wrong side of the string after the trakehner but I was to busy trying not to cry. I'm just gutted it wasn't the photo fence as she cleared it by a good couple of feet.

Here's the hatcam - best watched with the sound off as I sound like a fish wife. Can't stop cringing and laughing at the rubbish I spout as I'm going along :redface3:

http://youtu.be/rp_SNDIJ4fQ

Off to Little Downham on Sunday, hopefully we'll have a good a time as yesterday :smile3:

Last edited:

Lolo

Visit site
Yayy! I was smiling through your report, it sounds so happy (and with all those frillies it should be!). I'm so pleased it's all coming together for you :)

Hornby

Visit site
Excellent, really positive. Love the hat cam but how is the image so stable? Where is the camera attached as it seems you can see the peak of your hat to the left but the image doesn't move as your head would over a jump....puzzled :). All the best for Sunday :)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Yayy! I was smiling through your report, it sounds so happy (and with all those frillies it should be!). I'm so pleased it's all coming together for you :)

Aw thankyou, she is such a fab horse, I'm very lucky to ride her. I'll be catching up with Al at this rate :biggrin3:

Vickijay

Visit site
Well done :) I loved the video but it was tinged with sadness for me because my BF has lost my hatcam!!!

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Excellent, really positive. Love the hat cam but how is the image so stable? Where is the camera attached as it seems you can see the peak of your hat to the left but the image doesn't move as your head would over a jump....puzzled :). All the best for Sunday :)

It's just fixed with a plastic bracket stuck to the side of the hat with super strong velcro then the headcam clips into the bracket. Its a HD Drift so if you google it you'll see.

It seems that I'm actually quite good at keeping my head still but that is only after Nick screaming "LOOK UP" at me for the past 20 odd years. The rest of my body does it's own thing, normally at the wrong time...........

star

Visit site
Great result. Love the hatcam video. All you can hear on mine is the wind rushing by and the odd growl! It's a nice first BE100 course. I keep planning on doing it then something happens to thwart us. Maybe next yr.

Lolo

Visit site
Aw thankyou, she is such a fab horse, I'm very lucky to ride her. I'll be catching up with Al at this rate :biggrin3:

Ahead already- you only managed a measley 2 poles, where Reg managed DOUBLE that this weekend... Jasmine has lots of catching up to do to match up with Reg's prowess SJ ;)

Jane_Lou

Visit site
As I have already said, brilliant result, so pleased for you. Gutted that I can't come and watch Sunday as I am suffering serious eventing withdrawal after our season ended early!

So good luck for Sunday and let me know how it goes!

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Great result. Love the hatcam video. All you can hear on mine is the wind rushing by and the odd growl! It's a nice first BE100 course. I keep planning on doing it then something happens to thwart us. Maybe next yr.

Glad we made it our first, lots of people said it was a good step up course but one persons idea of nice isn't always the same as another person.

Great report. :)

Thank you :smile3:

Ahead already- you only managed a measley 2 poles, where Reg managed DOUBLE that this weekend... Jasmine has lots of catching up to do to match up with Reg's prowess SJ ;)

Ha ! I can beat Regs 4 and raise you 5 - Preshush at Keysoe :redface3:

Great report - love the hatcam vid and the commentary! Well done on fab result - she's a star :)

She is indeed :smile3:

Congratulations - you two look fantastic
Great videos
Good luck at Downham
:)

Thankyou, sure I won't sleep again on Saturday night, yawning already !

As I have already said, brilliant result, so pleased for you. Gutted that I can't come and watch Sunday as I am suffering serious eventing withdrawal after our season ended early!

So good luck for Sunday and let me know how it goes!

Thankyou, will do :smile3:
Hope Aus isn't to hot and you're not working to hard !

TableDancer

Visit site
Huge well done - you have made SO much progress this year, haven't you?! Very best of luck for the weekend, it will all seem much more mangeable second time around :)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Yay well done!!! :) loved the video :) I'm aiming for BCA 100 as my first 100 too next year at some point if all goes well! :)

Seems we both had a good day, shame I missed you. Def do it next year :smile3:

Great Video and fab commentary. Can't stand it when people remove the sound and put on cheesy music. :)

That would be far to technical for me to do that, I wouldn't even know where to start.
As for the commentary, I start off thinking don't say anything as you're being recorded but by about the 4th or 5th fence I've forgotten it's there....

Oh and the cheesey music comment from someone with a Bucks Fizz quote for their signature :biggrin3:

Great report - entertaining as always. You two are doing so well together. Good luck for Little Downham. :)

Thankyou. Not stressing at the moment but times are up later - then suddenly it's real (Yes I'm a bit strange)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Huge well done - you have made SO much progress this year, haven't you?! Very best of luck for the weekend, it will all seem much more mangeable second time around :)

Thankyou. Did wonder if it was to much to do two so close together but she's plenty fit enough, breathing back to normal by the time we'd got back to the lorry and Nick said to just shut up and get on with it ! :smile3:

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Awesome, love the hatcam ("good girrrrl" ). And the "I am Andrew Nicholson" death cry :D Good luck for LD :)

I sound so blokey but I'm not really (I don't think I am anyway)

We went to Blenheim for inspiration and the first rider xc, WFP fell off in front of us 3 fences from home :eek3: I decided then that AN was going to be my inspiration :biggrin3: Though I'm not sure he screams like a demented Banshee ?

JFTDWS

Visit site
I sound so blokey but I'm not really (I don't think I am anyway)

We went to Blenheim for inspiration and the first rider xc, WFP fell off in front of us 3 fences from home :eek3: I decided then that AN was going to be my inspiration :biggrin3: Though I'm not sure he screams like a demented Banshee ?

Oh no, you sounded perfectly female, if not feminine to me!

I can't imagine AN screaming like a demented Banshee, but the idea is quite interesting... :D

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Well done, love the hatcam!

Love your explanation for your battle cry, too funny!

I'm not a very loyal supporter am I ? :biggrin3:

As William walked past us I asked him if he swore - he gave me wry smile and a 'you so know I did' look.