The boys are.......

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Well I have to be honest with you guys and let you know that both boys (Otto and Blacks) are going up for sale today. I hope I don't get in trouble for writing this but it's not advertising it's being honest.

I have had a wonderful year with Otto but if I’m honest to myself he just isn’t going to make the level I was hoping for. After riding Lis’s wonderful jumping horse Blue on Thursday and a friends horse yesterday I have decided that I really do enjoy the jumping and that’s what I want to do.
I haven’t come to this decision lightly but my instructor agrees with me that Otto just doesn’t have the enthusiasm for the jumping. He will give it a go but it isn’t his thing. He will be great for someone who wants to hack (he will go on for hours and hours) or do a bit of dressage, that improves with every lesson, or even a bit of low level jumping but not affiliated.

Blackie was always brought to sell on but we have decided to do this sooner rather then later so that I can have more money to buy something of quality (not that our two aren’t but you know what I mean).

So what do you guys think are you shocked?

At least I know I have all the time in the world to sell them as I’m not in any great rush, the best homes possible are my up most priority.

So there you go I have said it………

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
No, not shocked. So used to you writing about Otto though!
smile.gif

Sounds like you've come to a good sensible decision.

Let me know where you advertise them so I can have a peek.
smile.gif

GinaGem

Visit site
Hi ya,

Jo you know in your heart what you want and so well done for being brave and taking the next step!! For anyone who wants a peak they are on horse mart!!

Gina xxx

Weezy

Visit site
Sounds sensible to me - no point in holding onto a horse that will not do the job you want it to!

Chico is up for sale too - havent advertised him yet or anything but there is no point in me holding on to him as my jumping bug is well and truely back!

GOOD LUCK - hope you find fabby owners for them both x

TGM

Visit site
Wishing you the best of luck in finding them lovely homes. I haven't met Otto, but I have met Blackie and can vouch for the fact that he is a cracking chap that someone will have a lot of fun with!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Thanks TGM, yes I will be very sad to see Blacks go but he is going to make someone very happy me thinks!
Already had a call about Otto, can you believe it?
crazy.gif

KateStartin

Visit site
Sounds sensible to me. Part of me wishes I had the guts to sell my horse as he isn't really what i want but we have been through so much together that he always seems to stay! He is also such an awkward bugger that i wonder what would happen to him.
Good on you for being able to do it.

Sal_E

Visit site
You know where I sit on this - life is too short n' all that. They'll be some tears but I'm sure it will be worth it.

S x

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Thanks Sally, there will be tears. H_A_W won't be letting me rush into anything. I'm going to try and find a bigger Ella type, because that's my type of horse.

Sal_E

Visit site
Yup, totally agree - will I be able to come over with my clippers though?
wink.gif

In the meantime, N is very wasted jumping wise (her mum was a grade B SJ'er, she is bred to jump!). If ever you fancy having a go, let me know - she's perfectly capable although not the easiest; not that it's been worked on really, so not her fault!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Well Otto is fully naked (apart from legs) thanks to Gina and you stay away from Blacks, all that feather and mane is staying (well until his new owner decides it's all coming off anyway).

Thanks for the offer; do you think I would be good enough to ride her? I would love to have a go though!

Did you see that I rode Lis’s (on H&H) horse at Duckhurst on Thursday? He was wonderful, boy what a jump!

Sal_E

Visit site
No, I missed that! Is there a post about it somewhere?

I actually meant clippers for the NEW horse! Guessing he'll have feathers & I'm guessing he'll look more sporty without 'em
wink.gif

Come & have a ride of N & see what you think! She's not complicated to jump, but not 100% reliable (pretty reliable!), so you have to be commited - fine over small fences though...

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
No I just posted about it in the first thread, she was really nice letting someone she didn't know from Adam ride her horse.

Oh absolutely, new horse will be fully clipped, probably even hogged, so please clipper away!

Thanks I would love to come and have a jump on N, it's very kind of you to offer. I want to try as many types of horses as possible so I can really decide what type I want. Saying that the 'cob' movement is my favourite.

The cob I jumped yesterday H_A_W said it was the best she had ever seen me ride, I felt instantly at home.

Sal_E

Visit site
Really? Sounds like you're DEF a cob person then! Well, come & have a go on a typical TB with go fast stripes, just to make sure
grin.gif

BBs

Visit site
I missed all this
frown.gif

I am quite shocked, although I can understand your reasons.

I wish them both well, and hope they find as nicer homes as they have currently.

So are you on the look out for a nice jumping horsey
grin.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yes i am totally shocked but only coz i thought you was getting on so well with Otto.

I totally agree with what you are doing though, thats the reason i sold my last horse, now he is out having fun with someone else who loves him unconditionally not matter what and is not being pushed and i have a new horse that i am having so much fun on to and does the job i want.

Your making the right decision and i agree that these decisions dont come lightly.

Lill

Visit site
Bill did suggest we sell you Blue... i told him that wasn't possible Blue's not going anywhere!
smirk.gif
Sorry!!
wink.gif
(PS Did think you rode him quite nicely actually!)

Sounds like you've had quite a lot of interest in Otto already! Have looked at Otto's ad going to try find Blackie's in a sec. Hope you manage to find the right home for both of them, then the search for some sort of a coloured, slightly hairy jumping thing can start right?
grin.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I sure am- I’m looking for a coloured MW that can jump the sky. Think JH58’s cob/ Lis’s Blue/ My Ella etc.

We are selling them both so that I have a bigger budget so hopefully will find something very nice.

Already had one person to see Otto, they didn’t want him, oh well have two more booked in and two more e-mails going back and forth.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Thanks Lis's, I would never have brought Blue anyway because I know how much he means to you! I LOVED riding him though, thanks again for that!

Can you keep an eye out for any Blue types for me please?