The Camera Does Funny Things To My Horses Legs!

Visit site
This time 4 years ago Jeff did his tendon for the 2nd time. Jeff being Jeff couldn't do anything like a normal horse! Oh no! He didn't do his SDFT on his front leg! That would be easy! That would be simple! Nope! He put a hole in his hind SDFT where it goes into the fetlock joint! Only a 20% that time compared to the 50% including sheath he did a few years prior! This picture makes it look as though the leg he injured is like a tree trunk! It's not! There's not a mark nor lump nor bump on it! There's not even a single white hair from bandaging scars (because I will admit I am damned good at it - many years of practice! And have never left a mark yet! Unlike some ...)

NaYsuSl.jpg

Just shy of 8 years ago Gray blew his tendon in two. You would only know now if you knew what you were looking for and where! I have had various vets out recently doing vaccs, teeth etc and only 1 of them noticed! No showing judge has ever noticed it and to be fair you would have to sit right underneath him to see it!

I don't want to know what is going on with Gray's back legs! They look broken!

NaehRrT.jpg

And a complimentary picture of Gray a few mins later posing proving his legs are still intact how they should be!

AXJIe8z.jpg

Which leg?!?

kkTr8kf.jpg

Last edited:

DiNozzo

Visit site
Leg in the foreground looks slightly thicker just below the knee...? I'm rubbish at these things!

Teajack

Visit site
Inexpert opinion - thought off fore thicker as well. Could just be the photo though :)

There's a skewbald on Horsequest, advertised before and now back up with the original photo wisely relegated to the end of the slideshow. One hind leg is randomly very dark from the hock down and photo makes it look exactly like a peg leg.

Stiff Knees

Visit site
For every 20 action shots I take off my dogs (different animal, same problem) I get one decent one, the other 19 look like they've been crossed with some sort of four legged arachnid and a lame one at that. I delete them all though but next time the camera comes out I'll post one, you'll see exactly what I mean! 😬😱

Stiff Knees

Visit site
I'm so glad you posted the "normal" pic of Gray, my heart broke when I saw his first pic, but he's actually perfectly normal!