The Charles Owen H2000 Hat

vivhewe

Visit site
Does anyone have them and would they recommend them?

If you had to give a mark out of 10, what would it get?

smile.gif
Thankies

pocket

Visit site
I've got both the showing version and the show jumper and both very good.... has to be 10/10 for me
wink.gif

JAK

Visit site
Gosh, I'm very confused by all this 'hat business'! Surely, a hat, is a hat, is a hat? Is there a more scientific approach to it all then?
blush.gif

I just bought the girls the hat that fitted the best & have just bought myself a 'Champion' (I think!) hat with a vent thingy - no idea if if it's
cool.gif
or
frown.gif
or plain
crazy.gif
- just, again, picked the one that fitted the best!

Feel soooo 'out of the loop'!
blush.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
I was meaning more on a level of whether or not the velvet flies off after a week lol!
wink.gif
but out of the ones I've tried it does fit best now - I've never had a Charles Owen as I've usually had Champion and so I was wondering whether spending £80 on the hat would be a waste of £80!
grin.gif

I see where you're coming from (and probably everyone else is thinking EquiChav becuase I want a hat with a leather harness he he!) but it fits best and at work we haven't got any of the cheaper Charles Owen ones and I need the hat to do stressage in a few weeks
crazy.gif

Ah well! Oh and JAK - Champions with a vent up are
grin.gif
lol! x

JAK

Visit site
Like everything else I guess, there is just sooooo much choice now, isn't there?

I had better keep an eye on these sorts of posts though, as next time the girls need a new hat, they will be wanting a
cool.gif
one & I don't want to be making some dreadful hat-purchasing faux pas!
blush.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Not to mention the fact that they're not exactly cheap nowadays!
frown.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
Precisely lol! We are getting some of those Pikeur GPA ones in but even if they were the best fitting riding hat in the shop I wouldn't spend £170 on a hat!
crazy.gif

I have to pretend I would to potential customers though lol!
grin.gif
- I have to convincingly tell them I'd love a GPA, but I'm simply not riding enough to spend that amount of money on a hat! (What do they know anyway
grin.gif
)

I'd quite happily get the £30 Harry Hall velvet one we have in but it doesn't fit me comfortably at all, even though my HH Elite hat does
shocked.gif
confused.gif
but they seem to cope as well as any others - I haven't ruined mine yet and I've ridden in the rain and in winter and it's still going strong!
smile.gif

Tell the kids they can have the £30 one when they want a new hat and then take a picture of the look on their faces! It will be priceless lol!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

teapot

Visit site
Have heard very good things about the H2000 but haven't got one myself.

Have other CO hats and they were definately worth the money

peapod

Visit site
I've got a Navy CO with leather harness for showing - I *think* it's the H2000 version - I LOVE mine, it was well worth the money! I've had mine for about six months - it's lovely
smile.gif