The cheek of it,someone pulled electric fence down

Tinseltoes

Visit site
It appears that some lowlife went into the horses field and pulled part of the electric fencing down (which is there for a reason) scattering it everywhere and because of this the horse and pony got into the neibouring fields which are all open plan so to speak and belong to the farmer up top.They were in the fields all night and waiting by the gate next morning in the bit of field that still belongs to the man I rent from. So he let them out of there,gave them hay and had them in ther driveway all night because he lost the paddlock key Id given him.So this morning I had to put the fence back up (part broken) and check everything else.There was part of a ladder in the other field which I think they were trying to steal,maybe they got disturbed I don't know. I have had one other problem where someone let the horses out 2 years ago on thanksgiving.Police were informed and ref number given.So called the police
today and now waiting for a local cop (same one as last time) to phone me. These scumbags are coming in from the forestry side.so might not be seen.

MissTyc

Visit site
No chance of it being horses + wind I suppose?

I have a gelding who is quite expert at making the yard look like itsbeen broken into :shock:

smudge99

Visit site
My gelding can pick electric posts up (while it is on!!) at the top with his teeth and throw them down so he can step over. I also thought someone was doing it till I caught him one day red handed!.

Liz

T_K

Visit site
I thought someone was doing this to my fence until I witnessed my Haflinger brazenly walking straight through sending posts and tape flying everywhere, breaking posts in half, getting the tape wrapped around her legs.....it was a nightmare to sort out after that episode and I realised my battery wasn't fully charging so she wasn't bothered about the little shock she was getting.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
No wasnt wind,as there was part of a ladder in the neigbours field.Looks like they were trying to steal it,but might of been disturbed.The electric fence and post were scattered everywhere.

Niddlynoo

Visit site
T-K, that dd make me smile, my Haflinger is the same, a small electric shock is well worth it for the chance of more grass! I hope the OP finds the people who did her field though.

Visit site
By the sounds of it your horses did it themselves. Sorry Mine do it all the times and it does my nut in! And it's connected to the mains but then I do have Shetlands. In the space of an hour they had trashed it and tangled it up in so many knots that it looked as though a human had done it but no, it was indeed the beasts of bodmin!

OWLIE185

Visit site
I would suggest that you erect some permanent fencing to avoid it happening again. Electric fencing is fine for dividing up a field that already is fenced but not for boundary fencing. Also make sure that you have third party public liability insurance in place to a level of no less than £10,000,000 as you are responsible for any accidents your horses cause if they escape. This level of insurance was deemed necessary by a recent court case.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
T-K, that dd make me smile, my Haflinger is the same, a small electric shock is well worth it for the chance of more grass! I hope the OP finds the people who did her field though.

My two are pretty good and don't go near the electric fence. Considering there was part of a ladder (was taken and dumped) theres NO WAY the horse and pony did this. The fence has been up for ages now,in various parts of the field and the electric fence down the bottom wasn't touched. They won't go near as they got zapped before.
Police will phone me.I know for a fact someone prowls around as every now and then we find beer bottles around.Someone saw a young man walking up the drive last year,when the man at top came down with dog,young man wasnt to be seen.

Happy Hunter

Visit site
Ours used to be taken down by the village busybodys

they wrote us notes saying its mean and we shouldnt 'starve' the ponies :rolleyes:
Because everyone knows a couple of small ponies need at least 5 acres of grass!!! (Each!)