The companion horse for the lonely boy ! - Pics

niagaraduval

Visit site
Hi,

So companion horse (horse for 100 euros saved from the knife for my boy as a friend) is arriving next week (was supposed to arrive saturday but can't as transport isn't available until next saturday. Anyway, Here are a few pics of him. Will post pics of the 2 new friends next saturday when he gets here !

He is only a companion for my boy as I have been told to get him a friend and I agree he will be alot happier with a horsey mate.

He is 21 years old, thorougbred, gelding. He is very calm, can hack lightly although I don't think I will hack him out much as I have my own boy to concentrate on. He's the black one.

Ruto

Visit site
Why would anyone want to take this handsome fellas life?! Well done on saving his skin. I'm sure he'll enjoy the rest of his days with you and your boy. :D

midi

Visit site
wow he is absolutely beautiful and to think he was nearly a goner :(
so glad to hear you're getting him, do give updates ♥

Fantasy_World

Visit site
He is lovely and well done for saving him :) Still can't understand why such a beautiful horse was going to be destroyed though :( However that is in the past now and at least he can look forward to nice future x
It is good to hear that he can still be ridden though, even if as just a light hack. Having two horses that can be ridden is better than just the one. You never know if your other horse may get lame for whatever reason, even if only for a few days, few weeks. Or be out of action for whatever reason. The fact that you will now have another horse that could be taken out for light hacks so as to keep up the riding is a bonus surely :)
Most companions that I ever hear about are non ridden and can't be for one reason or another.
He is a lovely looking lad and not sure what the showing is like over there or if you partake, but judging by the photos he would make a nice veteran class contender.
Look forward to seeing them both together, but he is a gem. I love black horses and always wanted one but ended up with a bay, a brown, a piebald and tri-coloured so you could say I have some black in most of them lol.
Good luck x

CalllyH

Visit site
he looks nice but id try to get a little condition on him. if you can keep him in work then do so even if you just lunge him a couple of times a week.

somethingorother

Visit site
Aw what a lovely face! He looks really sweet. I think it keeps them going longer if they are sound and go out for nice walks. You could maybe ride and lead depending what your boy is like? I'm sure he would love seeing the village etc. Hope they get on great and everything works out really well for you all x