THE CREMELLO SOCIETY UK IMPORTANT INFORMATION

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
THE BELOW FROM THE FOUNDER

Hi All

I can only apologise for not being around and letter the society slip some what. It's been very hard to keep on top of things with 4 horses and a family and a business to run, and I suppose I became somewhat despondent after the knock back by Defra. I also suffered a hard disk crash and lost a lot of information.

This is now all about to change, things are on the move again and I now have some very dedicated help in the form of Emma Rushton, who will be pushing forward things quite a lot.

The first thing will be to get in touch with members to rejoin and get a small newsletter out explaining what's been going on.

So please be assured I haven't abandoned the Society, I just lost a bit of focus and have now found it in the stables.

Kim X

PLEASE NOTE WEBSITE UNDER REVIEW CURRENTLY ANF FORUM CAN BE ACCESSED AT

http://www.cremello.co.uk

Visit site
On that note, can you possibly tell me what constitutes being a Cremello as we have a pony which is a very light creamy colour. However, someone told me that they can only be traced through paperwork ( no breeding papers with her ) and that they had to have blue eyes??

Can you help at all???

Thanks
grin.gif

katelarge

Visit site
I don't have a cremello but a white few-spot Appaloosa and I think anything done to promote pale-coloured horses is great. I know for a fact that many people find my horse's pink skin skin and the sclera round his eye ugly, when in fact they are rare and to be appreciated breed characteristics!

Parkranger

Visit site
I had a cremello - they have to have blue eyes and cream/white hair. Saying that if you look at the website, you can actually add palaminos and even chestnuts can have Cremello parents etc....

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
Cremello & Pelino Definitions, they do tend to have blue eyes always will get you a true definition

CREMELLO

A sorrel/chestnut horse that recieved one copy of the cream gene from both of its parents, and has pink skin, blue eyes, cream to nearly white hair coat, and a white mane and tail.

PERLINO

A Bay horse that recieved one copy of the cream gene from both of its parents, and has pink skin, blue eyes, a cream to white colored coat and a darker mane and tail (often orange or red tinted).

SMOKY CREAM

A Black horse that recieved one copy of the cream gene from both of its parents, possessing pink skin, blue eyes, and an orange or red cast to the entire hair coat

Every horse has two locations in its genetic code where a certain type of colour modification gene can reside. These genes are commonly called "cream genes. They make the horse's base colour one, or two, shades lighter, depending on whether there are one, or two, of them present.

Some horses, like Sorrels/Chestnuts, Bays and Blacks have no cream genes.
We call these the base, or basic, colours.
Some horses, like Palominos, Buckskins and Smoky Blacks have one cream gene.
They may be called "single dilutes."
Other horses, like Cremellos, Perlinos and Smoky Creams, have two cream genes.
They are "double dilutes."

Visit site
I guess she's a cream then, very pretty but MY GOD is she dirty.

Have been dismissed in a county palamino class with my old horse as he regarded him as a Cremello when he was clearly a bleached pally. Is this the case and if so can Crems not be shown in Pally classes.

Thanks for your help.....awesome

grin.gif

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
DSC00192.jpg

The horse in the foreground is a cremello (note the eyes). The one in the background is a palomino.

Some people think they are ugly, and I respect that... however I think they are totally beautiful.
grin.gif

Cremellos have pink skin and blue/white eyes (like human eyes, not what is commonly known as 'wall' eyes).

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
if you read the forum on the cremello site ( site to be unpdated soon) there will be a points comp running for reg cremellos next year in all disciplines, if you pay to become a member it is 10£ mebership & 10£ to reg for points with end of year goodies for all
smile.gif
we also aim to have lots of county and fun shows holding Cremello classes ( mellos) as i call them cos most are very mello !