The curse of being a woman...and needing to wear light coloured joddys

vivhewe

Visit site
Sorry about the random post but how do you make sure when you wear light coloured joddys that things stay, well, where they should?
blush.gif

I have a show on sunday and *ahem* a monthly event too
crazy.gif
so any 'advice' would be greatly appreciated!

*scuttles away and hides due to face resembling a bolesha (sp?) beacon with embarassment*

Enfys

Visit site
As Accy said, and then it's just a case of beetling off to the loo at regular intervals.

marmite

Visit site
Dont do what i did last time i went to a 1 day and be so nervous thinking you had taken last one out and put a fresh one in
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
i couldnt understand why i was so uncomfortable until next toilet break.

GinaB

Visit site
But be careful not to put one that doesn't suit your flow. (As in too high an absorbincy (sp!!) ) If you know what I mean, as this can lead to TSS. Also I think Doctors can prescribe pills (not the contraceptive one) that will stop it for a while but then returns as normal.

_jetset_

Visit site
Ooo... I had this very recently and was paranoid all day! I wore the next absorbency of tampon (super) and took a few with me. Between my two tests I went for a loo break just to make sure!

Oh, and a large brandy might help to calm the nerves too, he he!

Cullohill

photobucket.com
Please be careful using higher absorbancy tampons, and using them in general.... TSS is very serious!! I am a very very very lucky survivor from the terrible illness and believe me its not good!

I am now NEVER allowed to use tampons again so i don't have priveledge so competing for me isn't fun at time of month. I swear by Kotex towels, super with wings and i wear two pairs of pants seamless ones..... and change regularly!!

My worst nightmare is having to compete in torrentional rain i would just have to pray i wasn't heavy and rain didn't soak through down there!!!!

_jetset_

Visit site
Cullohill... I didn't know you could get it wearing a higher absorbency! Bloody hell, that's definitely something to keep in mind for the future.

In that case I would recommend wearing one of the Always Ultra night time pads, they are designed for hours of use and are not at all bulky!

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
I will convert someone.....get a Mooncup!

They sound gross, but I would never in a million years go back to any form of tampax/towel! I have been using one for three months and have had no leaks, no getting up in the middle of the night to change and no awkward situations when out. Also no more spending money every month on Tampons, no damage to the environment and no need to flush anything away.

ihatework

Visit site
just looked it up on internet.

read the FAQ and found this:
'The Mooncup can be cleaned in the same way as baby equipment: with sterilising fluid, or by boiling for five minutes in an open pan of water.'

Soup anyone .....

Sorry childish toilet humour coming out - what can i say, it friday
crazy.gif

JAK

Visit site
Plan for a 'loo break' plenty of time before your warm-up/class - that way you'll know you have a good 2 hour 'safety zone'! LOL
There is nothing worse than being borderline for a 'change' & hoping it'll hold out!

It could be worse though - eldest daughter went to a judo competition on, err, day two (usually the worst day for most of us!)..........leaping energetically around, wrestling at floor level.......wearing a snow white gi! Eek!
(She was fine btw & knows that worrying about such things does affect performance, so is ultra-organised before 'her turn' to perform! LOL)

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
You're alright... I didn't know a period was on the way when I was out hunting...

Thank heaven's my ass stayed in the saddle MOST of the time....

First time it has EVER started on a tuesday!

allijudd

Visit site
there is something called the cup which is by www.femin.co.uk which has been advertised on tv

i personally would wear one ultra towel with wings and two pairs of nicks...just to be sure then run around paranoid until the event.....

change into jods at last possible moment aswell......

Puppy

Visit site
My aunt started her first ever period whilst competing at pony club Burghley! And yes, the inevitable embarressment happened
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Oh and her tack broke somehow, leaving her on the floor!!
crazy.gif

On the plus side, she recieved a special award for "most difficult pony"
grin.gif
Not surprising seeing as it was probably some old thing my grandpa had swapped at market for a cow!
grin.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not surprising seeing as it was probably some old thing my grandpa had swapped at market for a cow!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!! If my granda swapped a cow for a horse he'd be ill for a month thinking it was a waste of a cow!
grin.gif

He still likes Dan tho!
wink.gif
tongue.gif