The diary of Arwen, aged 6 1/2 months

miss_c

Visit site
Dear Diary,

It has now been 10 days since I emigrated to England from my native Wales... all the people here speak English and so it is a bit confusing. They also have weird accents. Why is this, diary?

I have now decided that the funny human that I called the Foody-one who I see a few times a day is not going to kill me. She always comes and gives me food as she says I am growing (well, duh!) and also gives me nice scratches. I do now allow her to touch me, sometimes she has sweeties and I like sweeties, but she says I can't have them too often or I will get nippy. I think she's a big meanie.

When I first arrived I wasn't sure about the other horse called 'Gee-Knee', she's really grouchy and wouldn't talk to me. I thought it was because she doesn't speak Welsh, but it turns out that she does! She has told me that we shouldn't be too nice to the Foody-one as she should know that we are in charge (well, that Gee-Knee is) but I am still behaving as the Foody-one may decide to kill me after all if I'm naughty.

The other night the Foody-one brought another human with a funny accent with her. This one seems to think she can talk to us and was whispering at me. I shall call her the Whispery-one. For some reason she also brought a lamb with her, but this lamb was wearing a stupid coat! Do all English sheep wear extra coats?

Apparently there's a really tall horse on here called 'Hoe-Vees' who also has a diary and is really famous and writes really well. I don't think I would ever be able to be as good as him, but a filly can dream, right? The Foody-one did mention about a future boyfriend....

Arwen
xxx

34y9ovr.jpg

My new big girl's bedroom

nmdszq.jpg

Breakfast thanks to the Foody-one

52cglh.jpg

Everyone says I'm pretty

1zge16w.jpg

With the Whispery-one and the Lamb

1693syo.jpg

Thank you for reading!

Spottyappy

Visit site
You write very well for your young age, Arwen.
Am sure gee-knee will teach you English, or maybe the art of learning Welsh which is bound to confuse the foody-one no end!
I see what you mean about the English sheep, I think it maybe a peculiar breed unique to Bristol. We don't seem to have any over here!
You look like you've settled in well, and if hope are enjoying your new stable!

_GG_

Visit site
Hi Arwen , Rwy'n ferch Cymraeg sy'n byw yn y Lloegr rhyfedd lle mae gan bobl acenion rhyfedd a Fi jyst eisiau dweud fy mod yn credu eich bod yn gwneud yn dda iawn . GeeKnee yn meddwl ei bod wrth y llyw , ond yr wyf yn addo i chi fod yr un Foody yw'r un y dylech fod yn gwrando . GeeKnee yn hyfryd iawn , ond bydd hi'n cael chi mewn trafferth os ydych yn gadael iddi . Bydd yr un Foody bob amser yn edrych ar ôl i chi . Efallai y bydd yn dweud wrthych i ffwrdd os ydych yn ddrwg , ond bydd ond fod ar gyfer eich lles eu hunain a byddwch yn dod i weld hynny mewn pryd . Am y tro , fodd bynnag, yn mwynhau eich cartref newydd , ceisiwch beidio â bwyta'r cig oen a gwneud yn siwr i gadw eich ystafell wely yn daclus ! xx

Translation for the foody one...

Hi Arwen, I am a Welsh girl living in this strange England where people have weird accents and I just wanted to say that I think you are doing really well. GeeKnee thinks she is in charge, but I promise you that the foody one is the one you should be listening to. GeeKnee is very lovely, but she'll get you in trouble if you let her. The foody one will always look after you. She may tell you off if you are naughty, but it will only be for your own good and you will come to see that in time. For now though, enjoy your new home, try not to eat the lamb and make sure to keep your bedroom tidy! xx

Annagain

Visit site
Braf clywed dy newyddion Arwen. Pob lwc yn dy gartref newydd ferch fach.

It's good to hear your news Arwen. Good luck in your new home little one.

ETA - great minds _GG_!

Last edited:

miss_c

Visit site
You write very well for your young age, Arwen.
Am sure gee-knee will teach you English, or maybe the art of learning Welsh which is bound to confuse the foody-one no end!
I see what you mean about the English sheep, I think it maybe a peculiar breed unique to Bristol. We don't seem to have any over here!
You look like you've settled in well, and if hope are enjoying your new stable!

My new stable is lovely, thank you. At first the foody-one shut the top door overnight as I think she expected me to try and jump out when Gee-knee went away, but now she's realised that I like my bedroom and am quite happy to stay in it. I saw the sheep again today and it was wearing a DIFFERENT coat! Maybe sheep over here are fashion conscious?

Hi Arwen , Rwy'n ferch Cymraeg sy'n byw yn y Lloegr rhyfedd lle mae gan bobl acenion rhyfedd a Fi jyst eisiau dweud fy mod yn credu eich bod yn gwneud yn dda iawn . GeeKnee yn meddwl ei bod wrth y llyw , ond yr wyf yn addo i chi fod yr un Foody yw'r un y dylech fod yn gwrando . GeeKnee yn hyfryd iawn , ond bydd hi'n cael chi mewn trafferth os ydych yn gadael iddi . Bydd yr un Foody bob amser yn edrych ar ôl i chi . Efallai y bydd yn dweud wrthych i ffwrdd os ydych yn ddrwg , ond bydd ond fod ar gyfer eich lles eu hunain a byddwch yn dod i weld hynny mewn pryd . Am y tro , fodd bynnag, yn mwynhau eich cartref newydd , ceisiwch beidio â bwyta'r cig oen a gwneud yn siwr i gadw eich ystafell wely yn daclus ! xx

Translation for the foody one...

Hi Arwen, I am a Welsh girl living in this strange England where people have weird accents and I just wanted to say that I think you are doing really well. GeeKnee thinks she is in charge, but I promise you that the foody one is the one you should be listening to. GeeKnee is very lovely, but she'll get you in trouble if you let her. The foody one will always look after you. She may tell you off if you are naughty, but it will only be for your own good and you will come to see that in time. For now though, enjoy your new home, try not to eat the lamb and make sure to keep your bedroom tidy! xx

I will tell Gee-knee that I shouldn't listen to her, but perhaps when she is safely in her own bedroom. Does that mean that the Foody-one is definitely not going to kill me? She has said I'm very good at keeping my bedroom tidy!

Braf clywed dy newyddion Arwen. Pob lwc yn dy gartref newydd ferch fach.

It's good to hear your news Arwen. Good luck in your new home little one.

Thank you. So far it seems ok so perhaps I will stay... and not die...

Laughed out loud at the English sheep! He is lovely, I will be following this thread with great interest!

I am glad you like my writing!

Arwen
xxx

_GG_

Visit site
Hey Arwen , ie , yr ydych yn gallu ymlacio nawr gan wybod na fydd y Foody - un lladd chi ac yr ydych yn iawn i aros tan Gee - glin yn ddiogel yn ei hystafell wely cyn i chi ddweud dim byd. Byddwch yn dysgu llawer oddi wrth ei , ond dim ond yn cymryd rhai pethau gyda phinsiad o halen . Da iawn chi am gadw eich ystafell wely yn daclus ac rwy'n gobeithio y gallaf ddod i gwrdd â chi cyn bo hir . xxx

Hey Arwen, yes, you can relax now in the knowledge that the foody-one will not kill you and you are right to wait until Gee-Knee in safely in her bedroom before you say anything. You will learn a lot from her, but just take some things with a pinch of salt. Well done for keeping your bedroom tidy and I hope I can come and meet you soon. xxx

Confession time...I am not a Welsh speaker....I would love to be, but I have used google translate to do this, unlike annagain who now knows that I am a total fraud. lol. xxx

miss_c

Visit site
Hey Arwen , ie , yr ydych yn gallu ymlacio nawr gan wybod na fydd y Foody - un lladd chi ac yr ydych yn iawn i aros tan Gee - glin yn ddiogel yn ei hystafell wely cyn i chi ddweud dim byd. Byddwch yn dysgu llawer oddi wrth ei , ond dim ond yn cymryd rhai pethau gyda phinsiad o halen . Da iawn chi am gadw eich ystafell wely yn daclus ac rwy'n gobeithio y gallaf ddod i gwrdd â chi cyn bo hir . xxx

Hey Arwen, yes, you can relax now in the knowledge that the foody-one will not kill you and you are right to wait until Gee-Knee in safely in her bedroom before you say anything. You will learn a lot from her, but just take some things with a pinch of salt. Well done for keeping your bedroom tidy and I hope I can come and meet you soon. xxx

I would like to meet you as well _GG_, I'm sure you're not as scary as the Foody-one.

I think you are a very pretty girl with a very pretty name, enjoy your new life with the Foody one :)

Thank you very much!

Arwen
xxx

miss_c

Visit site
Dear Diary,

Things have changed since my last entry. I am now out in the field with Gee-Knee, and she's not actually as scary as I thought! At first the Foody-One put us in separate paddocks next to each other, and then one day she put Gee-Knee in MY paddock with MY grass! It turns out that Gee-Knee is actually quite bossy and wants me to behave, and told me in no uncertain terms that she is in charge, but if it means she lets me eat grass then that is fine. Foody-one has this thing about leading us places together which I don't think Gee-Knee likes as she keeps making faces at me, but I am good and keep going with the Foody-One.

I still see Whispery-One and she keeps bringing the lamb with her, I have learnt that he's called Brad-Lee. Apparently he's a 'puppy' - is that English for 'lamb'? Both Whispery-One and Foody-One give me fuss and attention and I'm pretty sure now that they are not going to kill me. Things look to be on the up and perhaps England is ok after all.

Here's some pictures that the Foody-One took, and apparently if you go to her 'blog' thing she took some video of me when she put me in the field... People have said I'm pretty, perhaps I should consider a career as a film star?

Arwen
xxx

md2pnn.jpg

294geo3.jpg