The difference a year makes...

JJS

Visit site
I was snapping some pictures of Flower today, and I couldn't quite believe the difference compared to some pictures I took just under a year ago, not just in terms of how she looks, but in terms of how our fields look too!

From fluffy foal in knee-high grass...

PtPUeZB.jpg

... to sleek and shiny yearling in a dust bowl!

mqq0m97.jpg

How did that happen?!

JJS

Visit site
When did flower get so big :eek: blimey! She looks amazing JJS you must be really proud of her :)

Thank you! I certainly am :)

You've got one very pretty Flower there.

Thank you! I think so too, but I'm hardly unbiased :D

She's so cute. How's Mary?

Thank you! Mary is doing wonderfully. She's back in work now and still living in the field adjoining Flower's. Our herd is currently split in two so that Mary and Flower spend some proper time apart, so Flower lives with the three bachelor boys, and Mary is in with our OAPs. She much prefers their lovely, calm company to that of the younger horses, and spends most of her time with Sixpence and her favourite field mate Shanti. Her and Flower still find plenty of opportunities to groom each over the fence though.

RGOrnip.jpg

KUvXlPd.jpg

Mule

Visit site
Thank you! I certainly am :)

Thank you! I think so too, but I'm hardly unbiased :D

Thank you! Mary is doing wonderfully. She's back in work now and still living in the field adjoining Flower's. Our herd is currently split in two so that Mary and Flower spend some proper time apart, so Flower lives with the three bachelor boys, and Mary is in with our OAPs. She much prefers their lovely, calm company to that of the younger horses, and spends most of her time with Sixpence and her favourite field mate Shanti. Her and Flower still find plenty of opportunities to groom each over the fence though.

RGOrnip.jpg

KUvXlPd.jpg

Ooh I like Shanti. I haven't seen a pic of her before. You must be thrilled to have Mary back in work. I've seperated my oap mare from the crazy geldings atm because she can't have as much grass as them. She is much happier having peace and quiet

Last edited:

southerncomfort

Visit site
Wow! She really has changed hasn't she? She is turning in to a little beauty! :)

Managing grazing this summer is a whole different ball game. My prone-to-fattiness little cob has been allowed more grazing than he would normally. I'm watching like a hawk though as we had a downpour on Friday and we have showers forecast this afternoon so no doubt the grass will shoot up again.

SEL

Visit site
Flower looks really grown up now! Mine are also on a paddock that looks like something out of the wild west. We might get a sprinkle of rain on Friday I think - here's hoping.

I like Mary's spotty friend too.