The Dogs Trust

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
There’s a distinct possibility that the two dogs I posted about yesterday may have to go to a rescue if I can’t find a home for them 😰

Does anyone have experience of the Dogs Trust?

Clodagh

Visit site
Oh no. I feel so sorry for their owner.
I am sure that any rescue could quickly rehome such easy little dogs, even the RSPCA should be safe, but the Dog's Trust would be fine too I would think..

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
My experience of the Dogs Trust based on one visit was of miserable institutionalised dogs that had been with them for years, so based on that I never rehome a dog to them.

I would take those two on in a heartbeat if we didn’t still have the old JRT, sadly he would never accept other dogs here, he’s too set in his ways.

I hope you find somewhere, a small local rescue maybe?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
There are some small rescues locally TP, I need to investigate them more - but my sense of them is they’re not great.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I don't know about their rescues, really but I do have experience of their fund-raisers, where dogs are invited/encouraged and they are not as well organised as they should/could be - they can be quite stressful for dogs, so I wouldn't be keen on sending rescues there, from a family home tbh

Bellaboo18

Visit site
I've got experience of the Dogs Trust and The Blue Cross. All positive. Dogs like those would get snapped up very quickly-although slightly harder to re-home a pair.
I'd personally go to the Blue Cross, I think it's a slightly less stressful experience for the dogs as they don't have visitors walking around the centres.