The end of winter....

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
You know when you've finally had enough with the last dregs of winter when you're battling with a muddy rug blowing around in the wind, attempting to put it on a horse that won't stand still. And you are overheard by 2 passing liveries to shout 'oh you stupid RUG!!! just ******* off and DIE'.

With apologies for bad language I seem to have completely lost the plot. That is all.

Greylegs

Visit site
Haha ... The end of winter to me heralds the onset of the big moult!! The hairy highland is chucking it off like crazy now .... All part of horse ownership .... Enjoy and smile.

EffyCorsten

Visit site
This is the worst part for me. I keep standing in the field shouting at the grass. Cant get hold of any decent forage at the moment and its doing my head in feeding less than lovely hay to my poor scruffy fed up men (excuding fat cob)

I want to cry if I see rain forcast now becasue my fields have dried up COMPLETELY I even did some schooling in the field yesterday.

I was gutted putting a rug back on my hat rack today but it's gone cold again :( and I feel so gutted he has lost all the weight Ive battled to put on him over the last 5 months in just one month and looks poor regardless of the food I'm stuffing into him. Aghhhhhhh sorry, I need a bath tub of wine.

Tobiano

Visit site
Just a word of warning folks… don't reckon on winter being over yet. I have a week's holiday booked to get in lots of riding, the first week in April. Guaranteed snow, storms and torrential rain. Sorry!! :)

rascal

Visit site
Your not the only one, I was talking to a stubborn head collar that wouldn't go on last week! It was dark and I just couldn't get the thing on. Horse owners are a mad bunch!

kerrieberry2

Visit site
I know its the end of winter when my day on sunday mainly consist of untangling electric fence tape so I can section of part of the summer field to let the horses out there ASAP!!

luckily my mud has dried quite well in the last few weeks and I don't have anyone else to make stupid comments about rugs! but if I did I would use the exact words you've used haha!

Kelly1982

Visit site
Ha ha I think owning horses in general sends us a little bit crazy sometimes. Not just the winter. Did make me chuckle tho :)

JustMeThen

Visit site
I've got a vivid memory of myself stomping round up the yard a couple of years ago snarling at the sky: 'Stop ****ing snowing!!' ;)

Mike007

Visit site
Hi there , Bob the nota cob here. Mikes computer literate Irish draught. I consider myself the punxutawney Bob of weather prediction and I can tell you that Winter is definately over. Some of you may have scorned my last post refering to Blocking systems over siberia. But as usual I was right. Irish draughts are ALWAYS right. I am currently shedding hair at a frantic rate cos ITS GOING TO GET HOT. Just remember where you heard it first ,Love from Bob

madmav

Visit site
We didn't have an actual seasonal winter though. Floods, storms, utter horrendous weather, yes, but I fear this does not bode well. Apologies for sounding like the harbinger of doom.

Sophstar

Visit site
It's the end of winter (fingers crossed) when it feels like a mementous occasion to walk across the field without waterproof trousers on and still not coming back drenched in mud because it's so close to being completely dry

soulfull

Visit site
Hi there , Bob the nota cob here. Mikes computer literate Irish draught. I consider myself the punxutawney Bob of weather prediction and I can tell you that Winter is definately over. Some of you may have scorned my last post refering to Blocking systems over siberia. But as usual I was right. Irish draughts are ALWAYS right. I am currently shedding hair at a frantic rate cos ITS GOING TO GET HOT. Just remember where you heard it first ,Love from Bob

lol. So hope your right

dizzyneddy

Visit site
l'm enjoying the weather whilst its here will just take things day by day with the hope winter has come & gone. Looking forward to enjoying more time with my horses & being able to get more jobs done. Holding fire on taking rugs for washing just in case because knowing my luck it would get really bad again.