The face of a foal who wants something...

JJS

Visit site
In typical cob fashion, Mary and Flower's waistlines have decided to rapidly expand at the first drop of rain. With our fields once again looking like a verdant green oasis as opposed to some arid desert, I've had to take the rather unpopular step of halving their grazing, and as you can imagine, they're not impressed.

I can only assume that's why Flower decided to try her best puppy dog eyes this evening. Making sure that she looked her most appealing, she decided to pose for an impromptu photoshoot, and biased as I might be, I have to say that she's pretty photogenic - and rather gorgeous in the flesh too!

So, here she is sharing her endeavours. They didn't win her any extra grass but she does look pretty!

(And yes, steps are in place to get the unexpected excess off - unfortunately the rain came whilst I was away for the week in Scotland and so did the grass. Always seems to happen that way, doesn't it?)

hIULZ4Z.jpg

bLu3nUY.jpg

34DvLRV.jpg

tqafTk2.jpg

aUKUDly.jpg

ugXh2Cr.jpg

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Oh boy is she looking beautiful! And starting to look very like her mum in build now - fabulous strong chest. Are you thinking of showing her at all as a youngster?

JJS

Visit site
Oh boy is she looking beautiful! And starting to look very like her mum in build now - fabulous strong chest. Are you thinking of showing her at all as a youngster?

It's funny you should say that as the first thing I said when I got back was that her chest had doubled in size in the space of a week, and her bone had done the same! :D

No, no plans to show her as a youngster. I've never tried my hand at it before, and as good as she is with lots of things, she's a quirky little soul who would probably spend most of her time on her back legs! Saying that, the covering between Mary and her sire was apparently done with breeding a nice show cob in mind, so maybe I'm doing Flower a disservice and she'd actually relish the spotlight. She's certainly a horse that likes all eyes on her :D

Equi

Visit site
Shes so mature looking for a filly! MY 2yo still looks like a foal hahaha. Her double mane is just to die for! Try and find dad to get another one hahhaha

JJS

Visit site
She's a stunner.

Thank you! :)

Shes so mature looking for a filly! MY 2yo still looks like a foal hahaha. Her double mane is just to die for! Try and find dad to get another one hahhaha

I think it's because she's never really gone through any gangly, lanky foal stages. She's frequently bum high, but everything else about her has always been very proportionate. It's one of the reasons I think she'll actually end up a sensible height rather than a silly size!

Her double mane is insane! There's the equivalent of a very thick mane on either side and her tail is just as thick! :D

Her sire is drool-worthy, and has had some gorgeous foals in this year's crop that I would just love to snap up, but I'm making sure my sensible head prevails. If Mary had her way, I think she'd have a baby every year though - she's just the best mum and she still hasn't tired of fussing over Flower!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Agree with all the rest, that chest is something else on a yearling! What a gorgeous girl she is.

JJS

Visit site
Gorgeous ponies and fab chest on flower ��

She is going to be such a lovely horse.

I hope so! :)

Agree with all the rest, that chest is something else on a yearling! What a gorgeous girl she is.

Thanks, YCBM! :)

She looks amazing!! Beautiful baby!

Thanks, Chinchilla! :)

So do I! :)

She's just gorgeous, love her!

Goodness, if only Flower could read all of these lovely compliments, her head would be twice the size it is now! :D