The Good and the not so Good...2 Reports in 1!

Hattikins

Visit site
For what it's worth I thought I'd do a quick post rolling a couple of competition reports into one. Hambleden seems a long time ago now, took Hatts hoping for a confidence boosting run at PN after two Novice runs that had been encouraging (though one better on paper than the other!). Never been to Hambleden before and absolutely loved it, thought it was such a smart event and will definitely try to get there again in future seasons. To cut a rather short story even shorter, madam did a jaw droppingly good dressage to get 25.5 to lead the section which was heaving with pros - never seen so many in one section! and that's where the positives end....jumped well in the SJ warm up and then what happened next is all a bit of a mystery but we have come to the conclusion that Hatts saw the horse before us have a crashing refusal into an oxer in the arena - it sat down and demolished the fence. Being a sensitive mare we then went in and blow me down she slammed on the brakes at the first fence! The long and the short of it was I retired and we went home completely shocked as to what had happened to my mare who has never had more than 4 flts in the ring ever up to 1.10m! The following day we took her to coombelands for a 1m hunter trial which she flew round very enthusiastically and then jumped her twice at pyecombe the following week, once schooling and then again in a 1m open which she jumped a double clear in. So it seems she's just had a real wobbly loss of confidence. To nip it in the bud * hopefully * quickly we've got a lovely long legged man riding her in the PN at Borde Hill for me as she tends to have more respect for them than me especially if she's not feeling her normal uber confident self! So that's where we are with Hattie monter...

And just a quick report from Mattingley where I had a little coloured chappy in the BE90, some of you may remember I had a chance ride on him 2 yrs ago as a 5yr old and we won together at the Riding Club Junior Horse Trials Champs...well this year I've been kindly given the ride again and Matt was our first BE event together.
Firstly a 2hr journey turned into a 3 hr journey there as we had to sit on the M25 for an hour in stationary traffic after a multi car pile up :( Little chap was so well behaved in the sweltering heat and had lots of visitors (people were wandering up and down the hard shoulder and playing football!) Finally got going and arrived in time for dressage though no time to walk XC - huge thanks to secretaries who shifted my SJ and XC times to accommodate a quick run round the XC! Warmed up v. quickly as so hot (thank goodness we were allowed to ride without jackets for the dressage!) and went in, he did a very sweet test, slightly flat in places and resisted slightly in a transition or two but still good. Werent sure how we'd fair as start of section was marked pretty hard...we got a 27.5 :cool:! Which led the section (there was a 23 but it was HC) so very happy!
Onto SJing and he jumped very nicely just tipping the front rail of a oxer which he really shouldnt have - partly my fault, partly his - so a little disappointed. Onto XC and he just scampered round full of energy despite the heat - came home clear and well inside the time which always surprises me as he's only 15hh but he's just so nippy and you dont need to take wide lines to anything so I guess we just shave time off without realising. Checked scoreboards to find we'd WON:D :D! Despite the rail down so incredibly chuffed! I absolutely adore this little chap to pieces, he's such a joy to ride and a pleasure to take out. So all in all a very happy day! Was lovely to finally meet Autumn Rose and stupidly sat waiting to SJ practically next to Chloe_GHE and still managed not to speak to her - I am a numpty!!
http://www.pleasureprintsgallery.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=93882

Thanks for reading if you got this far without your eyelids drooping! ice cold orange juice available to all :D And just to brighten it up my 10month old terrier who came and played "trailer dog" at Mattingley and was so well behaved :D
Daisy20_5_2010017.jpg

Last edited:

eishi

Visit site
What a shame about Hattie but sounds like you made the right call though sounds like she'll be back on form soon!
The little coloured sounds fab well done! doesn't look 15hh :)
and your terrier is so so cute!!

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you :D hopefully Hatts will enjoy herself which is most important. Little chappy is fairly chunky and I have rather short legs which probably gives the illusion of him being bigger than he actually is!

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
He is gorgeous and well done that's a brill result you must be really chuffed to have the ride back on him you obvs both get on like a house on fire :)

Shame Hatty has had a wobble but sure she will bounce back in no time.

Oh and from now on I'm just going to say hi to anyone lurking near me in the sj just incase! ;)

Rosiefan

Visit site
Poor Hattie - what a shame after such a fantastic stressage. The coloured chap sounds really fab - great result, well done the two of you :)

AutumnRose

Visit site
How on earth did i not meet that puppy?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is she coming to BH????? PLease please can i meet her? Actualyy the cutest dog ever!!!

On a horsey note Hatts will be bouncing back soon i'm 100% and your coloured boy is a total dude.....

Will see you on sunday...not 100% if i'm riding or watching someone ride him atm!!!!!

Fiona

Visit site
Little coloured is lovely (I remember you riding him at the BRC comp), and your doggie is fabulous - mind no-one off HHO pinches him off you.

Hope Hattie goes well next time, but sounds like she has jumped well since.

Fiona

icestationzebra

Visit site
These WFM's are sensitive and irrational creatures at times.... trust me, I've got one ;)
I'm sure she will fly round Borde Hill and make you all wonder what on earth the problem is. From her point of view she saw something that scared her and is far too 'wise' to put herself in the same situation. Just shows that the vein of self preservation still runs strong - and in eventing that is not always a bad thing.

Congrats on a win! He sounds fab - can you clone him? Are you off to a RF now?

AandK

Visit site
well done on your result at Mattingley!! lovely pic too :)

sorry to hear Hattie had a wobble after such an awesome dressage, fingers crossed she is back on form in no time!

KatB

Visit site
Well done! Saw the result on Jack, what a clever pony, and well done you!! 100% win rate isn't it on him?!! ;)

Hatts will be back to normal in no time I bet, as ISZ says, something spooked her, and she wasn't going to jump those pony eating poles!! Fingers crossed she will back to herself very quickly!!

Hattikins

Visit site
Thanks everyone!

Chloe: You make me sound like a wierd stalker! hehe! honestly next time I'll make myself known :D

RF: Thank you! It was a real shame as that's by far the best dressage she's ever done at PN, but hey ho that's horses I guess.

AR: she was snoozling in her crate in the boot of the car! Yes we will bring her to BHill as it's just round the corner for us so an easy one to take her to. She really loves coming to events and incredibly good with horses, other dogs, people etc. :D Look forward to seeing you on sunday - Would be great to see you in the saddle at BHill but if not I hope he goes really well for his temporary jocket :D

Fiona: I know I was just thinking she's a bit pinchable but then again I tend not to let her out of my sight as she's very poorly trained!! Apparently they are fairly untrainable and I have no aptitude for training dogs which makes the situation rather laughable! Thank god she's small enough to pick up easily!

IZC: argh tell me about it J!! They are such strange creatures! Love them to pieces but my god they are quirky and sensitive and far to brainy for their own good. You're absolutely right about self preservation, its a good trait but in slightly smaller doses! How is your gorgeous girlie atm? Any outings planned? I'd love to clone him he's sooo gorgeous and hilariously funny! Not sure about RF yet, we'll see :)

MillionDollar: Thank you! She's a Norfolk Terrier - very wee (don't like to admit that she's smaller than our cat! and is just like a cuddly teddy bear! Absolutely no malice at all, very unlike the majority of terriers, our border terrier is much grumpier in comparison!

AandK: Thank you! and well done to you too last weekend :D Where are you next?

KatB: hehe not quite 100% but every event that's mattered we've won (if that makes sense!!) We can only go down hill now! :p Really hope you're right about Hatts :s How's your mare getting on? Has she had any outings recently?