The maddest thing I've ever done with a horse!

Cazzabombazza

Visit site
I still can't quite believe I'm doing this!
A few months ago we were contacted by a friend to ask if our shetland, Bluebell, could be used in a dance school's production of Cinderella. We said yes, as she is fantastic with children, very calm, and she's 22 so is not bothered by anything. We thought she would just be coming on as a little extra in the show - but she's got 6 performances! :eek: she has had 2 as well as a dress rehearsal already!
I cannot tell you how fantastic she has been! She has had to be pampered and brushed and washed every night so far, and when we get there she gets ribbons and feather plumes and a glittery blanket over her, then has to be led by me dressed like an absolute tard in a shiny silver waistcoat and trousers and frilly cravat (or whatever they're called!). We then have to go backstage whilst the ballet is still taking place, walk up a very narrow ramp and into the wings, wait for the cue and then walk onto the stage, whilst a pretend wooden carriage is pushed behind her! All she does is look out into the audience and try to eat the dancers costumes!!
She loves it, I can tell, and we don't know if she has ever done anything like this before!
Has anyone else done anything strange witha horse or pony that they would like to share? Would love to hear any other stories of amusing things to do with a pony!!! :p

millreef

Visit site
Years ago my welsh mountain pony was used at an Indian wedding! Apparently it's a sign of virility but it's supposed to be a white steed but they couldn't find one so my pony had to do. She was fantastic and I earned five quid - a fortune back then.

jeeve

Visit site
Our little mini went on a kids tv show, we had to drive him into the middle of Sydney, and then I thought it would be outside on their lawn, but we ended up taking him right into the tv studio, with a slippery floor and about 10 people doing lights & cameras, whizzing around on wheely chairs etc. He was calm as anything as well, and just tried to eat the script one of the presenters had. We were given a tape of it, have not watched it for years.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Not really "mad" for the thousands of film stunt horses that are working all over the world 'tho, it's all in a days work.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
Sounds like fun.
I've never done anything like this. one pony would be naughty and try to eat everything within sight and try to escape and the other one would be scared of everything and pooh everywhere :D