The Monart Sale - event horses

DarkHorseB

Visit site
http://www.themonartsale.com/The Monart Sale Final.pdf

OK so I am killing time on an autumn night :rolleyes:

The sale catalogue has pictures of all the horses in this "elite" sale. Was interested to see if there are types that people would be more likely to pick out as favourite types. At first glance I have to say some look very ordinary. If you had money burning a hole in your pocket and were heading over there to potentially buy which would make your short list? :D

There are also videos of each but have not looked at them. It is a great way to look at a lot of horses and compare though!

kirstyfk

Visit site
I like

4: Mister Higgins
9: Unnamed
15: Clare Sparta: but a Stallion
16: Colin Imp: Horrible name but I think he will grow into a nice horse
21: KWW: Not the most well known breeding but a good stamp
25: Hankalaine: I like the colour but i think this is my favourite
30: Direct Strike: A little under at the knee

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I LOVE the stallion - no 15. Actually watched his video and I think he will go very far! Doubt I could ride one side of him though!

Then I think my shortlist would be
3,4,26 & 28

14 and 22 are nice mares too though I am generally a gelding person!

Mince Pie

Visit site
3, 6, 12, 15, 16 (do Like M.I!), 18, 19, 21, 25, 26 (another MI horse!), 28 and 30 (anyone spot the owners name!).

Mince Pie

Visit site
I LOVE the stallion - no 15. Actually watched his video and I think he will go very far! Doubt I could ride one side of him though!

Then I think my shortlist would be
3,4,26 & 28

14 and 22 are nice mares too though I am generally a gelding person!
How did you get the video to work?

Firewell

Visit site
Without looking at anyone elses answers I like 3,8,11,15,25,28
even though she's not conventional I like lot 24, she's small and I like small and she looks a little like a bay version of my late mare so I would like her too. The others look better though :)

punk

Visit site
Having picked up the Gorsebridge sale catalogue at an event last week I would say there was much more of interest there the following week. Wish I could go!!! Some seriously nice eventers on offer - but haven't the money to spend anyway.:mad::(:D

http://www.irishhorse.com/Catalogues/EventHorse.pdf

Maybe it is just the photography, but the Monart horses do look a bit ordinary in some cases. I wish them all well though as selling in this recession climate is not going to be easy!!:(