The Naughties have struck me.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I had an accident this Christmas, and may have bought myself some Ariat Bromonts today (amongst several other things I didn't desperately need) when I REALLY shouldn't have! This now means that I will have to hide them in the boot of my car for ever, so mum doesn't have my guts for garters.

Which caused me to think about a thread I have seen on here before where so many posters admitted they have hidden things, or not let on just how much things cost. Which made me think, is this widespread in the horse world only? Or do you think your hubby's motorbike/drill/steering wheel cost more than he is letting on?

On an aside, not relevant to the above at all. Would you agree that it's only worth insuring for personal accident and public liability (BHS Gold basically) if the horse has Wobblers?

ossy

Visit site
I get all my horses things delivered to work then I take them straight to yard and use before hubby sees so he never knows what's new and what came with the horse 😊

AmieeT

Visit site
Ahaha, I did the accidental Bromonts purchase a few months back.

Is your mum horsey? If not (like mine) were them around the yard a few times until they're filthy, and then take them home to clean them like you've had them forever :p

If she is... Good luck! :D

Overread

www.flickr.com
Which made me think, is this widespread in the horse world only? Or do you think your hubby's motorbike/drill/steering wheel cost more than he is letting on?

I'm reasonably sure that whilst several members of my family have a rough idea how much some expensive camera stuff I have cost; or at least a ballpark figure - I don't think any have added up how much it all comes to; pretty sure my brother would think it stupid, then again he'd likely have spent as much on a car rather than a camera.

I'm also eyeing several lenses that, each, cost at least as much as I've spent in total thus far on camera gear.

So nope its not limited to the horsey world although when I compare costs I suspect that what I have spent is a drop in the ocean in comparison to horses ;0

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
My mum is aware of how horsey things work, but not horsey per se. Although she knows that the only fancy boots I have are my Shires yard boots, I may get away with 'oh someone was selling them for £50 on Ebay.'

It's totally my money but she seems to think that every last penny should be saved incase a rocket hits my car, or the cat looses a leg or something..

Keeping your horse a secret is impressive!!

Makemineacob

Visit site
Don't usually agree with telling porky pies but we've all done something similar at some stage! Ideal time to say someone was selling them fairly cheap on ebay as they were an unwanted Xmas present. :)

Greylegs

Visit site
I'm reasonably sure that whilst several members of my family have a rough idea how much some expensive camera stuff I have cost; or at least a ballpark figure - I don't think any have added up how much it all comes to; pretty sure my brother would think it stupid, then again he'd likely have spent as much on a car rather than a camera.

I'm also eyeing several lenses that, each, cost at least as much as I've spent in total thus far on camera gear.

So nope its not limited to the horsey world although when I compare costs I suspect that what I have spent is a drop in the ocean in comparison to horses ;0

....waves .... Another camera geek here, but my OH is too and has bought most of my gear for me, so no point in trying to pretend, i'm afraid. Been eyeing up a Leica M 240 ..... hmm!! ... maybe not!!

The horse stuff is another matter though ....