The New PN 3DE's

MagicMelon

Visit site
Why do you think a few of them have failed to run? Obviously due to lack of entries but out of interest why did you not enter (if you didnt)?

I didn't do my nearest one because it clashed with something else and also it was SO horrendously expensive. I think it was over £200 which is a joke for PN level competitors who are usually amateurs who do it for fun.

I think the only way these 3DE's will suceed is if they reduced the entry fee, but then I guess it costs a lot to run it....! Maybe they should run another class 3DE alongside it like an intro or a novice which would mean more competitors so then fees could be reduced a little?

They are a great idea and I feel if we dont tell them whats wrong then they just wont consider running them!

Bossanova

Visit site
theres no point doing them- they dont qualify for anything! Maybe they should make it so that the top 10 qualify for the PN champs?

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi

I did enter Chepstow and completed the dressage before it was cancelled.
Chepstow was fantastic and the organisers did everything to try and give us our run. However I just can't afford the money to do another, £200 + entries plus stabling ontop and the time off work and all the extras of staying away and finding a kind person to come with you and help so their time too etc etc
As Boss said it does not qualify for anything but I had my little taste at a trot up so I will aim for a novice 2D if I ever get those clears
wink.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Saf, you don't have to 'trot up' at a novice 2day!

As i've said before, i hope Aldon doesn't cancel, as i think i'm entered for it!

I think they've failed due to £300 entry fees!!
Plus as mentioned, they don't qualify you for anything!!
Time off work.. and the fact that you can't really go to a 3day on your own, as i'm guessing some people do for 1days!!

I hope they sort it all out in the long run.. as i still think they are a good idea!!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Haven't done one for ages, and my rule book is out in the lorry.. but i don't think so.. if there is, what ever you do this season, should probably qualify you for say Chepstow 2day early next season.. i think one of your qualifying runs has to be with in 3 months of the event itself!!

Nickymac

Visit site
I ran my boy at Hartpury with his qualifying run having been 2 months and 29 days before, and I wouldn't recommend it! It's not good for the nerves, but sales of Rescue Remedy peaked that week!