The newbie

Dobby

Visit site
Hello! Welcome to the forum
smile.gif

xxkellyxx

Visit site
iv just turned 21 i live in leicestershire and work as a bakery assistant, i used to have welsh mountain show ponies when i was younger i have't had my own horse for 9 yrs but i am looking to buy soon not sure what breed as long as it can jump im not fussed. anything else you want to know just ask.

Brandysnap

Visit site
Hi Kelly,

Please be very careful about who you respond to on this forum.

May i hope the moderator reads all, but it's a very fast forum, so just be careful, friend.

If you're looking to buy a horse, please don't ever do it via Internet.

Go + talk to your local folk, not a forum, is my best advice. Ah, but other side of me thinks you're having a larf?! With sincerity, BS

Brandysnap

Visit site
Hi again, xxkellyxx,

It's just that when i was 18, i was conned by an ad in a newspaper. Now we got internet, + all other things... well, the potential for conning is even better! Just stay aware, friend!

(I'd actually never buy a horse i didn't already know, and/or its owner, but maybe i'm just a wimp!) (Or old + wise - depends on perspective!)

Maybe you'd like to get in touch with your local riding club? (BHS website lists all affiliated to them, but may be others - worth a quick Google?) They always want volunteers! Then you'll get to know who knows what, and get a good feel for horses for sale locally (and those for loan).

Or help out at your local riding centre?

You'll also make friends in your local riding area, which is the best way ever to hear about any good horse for sale!

With my every best wish, + good luck, BS x