The newest member of our family... Merry Christmas, Mum!!

rosiesowner

Visit site
So, some of you may remember the post I made about my mum's first ride in ten years. She rode the gorgeous and lovely Trapper, a horse who was part of the riding school I work for. He was the perfect all rounder and gent; game for a laugh but with a practically unflappable attitude! Mum fell in love with him as she rode him a few more times.

Back in April, Trapper had an injury that after endless treatments and heartache wouldn't come 100% right enough for him to be used in the school. Every possible avenue was exhausted and as a team we were worried about his future as he is only suitable for light work and finding a reliable home where he would be a happy plod who gets lots of attention would be tricky.

I knew he'd be perfect for mum! So I started planting the seed and taking her for hacks on him. She was convinced, however, that she could never have him. She didn't have time to sort him every day as well as give him enough fuss etc. She just needed a push in the right direction...

So dad and I surprised her with him as an early Christmas present.

So, welcome to the family, Mr Whiley!! Mum is chuffed to bits and I think almost glad that someone else pushed her in the direction she really wanted to go and said "look, just be selfish for once in your life and have the horse!"

With Trapper at only 13 years old they have years of joy and love ahead of them. I am so happy :eek::eek:
Doesn't he just have the kindest little face?
23658633_857623961063919_2032481572110415610_n.jpg

23561767_857623954397253_2498563378465020101_n.jpg

16730635_1368669053185511_772574260058967996_n.jpg

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Mum, dad, you and Trapper deserve each other, what a lovely, caring, thoughtful family! He's just my sort of horse, such a handsome boy! He's going to have a fab life with you.

Last edited:

Ceriann

Visit site
Such a lovely story for all concerned and what a thoughtful gift for mum. Hope they have many many happy years together.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Aww, that's amazing, what a wonderful bit of scheming on the part of you and your Dad :D
Trapper does have a gorgeous kind face - here's to many happy hacking years together

rosiesowner

Visit site
Wow, time to make a mass reply!
What a lovely story.This has really brightened my day.May your Mum and Trapper have many happy years ahead of them.
Thank you, I'm glad it brightened your day :)
Oh wow, what a perfect story! He’s adorable, and I bet your mum is thrilled to bits! What a lovely family!
He is just so cute isn't he!! And yes she's chuffed. She deserves him.
Lovely story, and pictures, well done you and your dad.
Thank you :)
Lucky, lucky boy (and mum of course!! ��)
Thank you, he is indeed lucky if we judge by how spoiled Chilli is :)
What a lovely story. Happy early Christmas!
Thank you. The festivities have started early this year. Can't wait to get the tree up on Dec 1st!!
Aw that's lovely! I hope they have years of happiness together.
Thank you! He is with us till the end now.
What a lovely post - lucky Mum and Trapper.
They are both lucky and in love :)
He looks a real sweetie. Wishing your Mum and Trapper a wonderful future together.
He totally is, a one in a million personality. We've been lucky to find him let me tell you.
Awww, that story has brighten my day. I hope they have many happy days together. :)
They will indeed... I don't know who's more excited; me or mum!
How wonderful, he looks a lovely type. I bet the riding school were delighted to get him his own person too with a secure future.
It's the place I work full time for and we were all worried about what would happen with him. Obviously as a business it wouldn't have been possible to keep him forever and it is tricky to find a really reliable retirement home. I knew mum would be perfect!
Mum, dad, you and Trapper deserve each other, what a lovely, caring, thoughtful family! He's just my sort of horse, such a handsome boy! He's going to have a fab life with you.
He is perfect... Such a good lad but with a fun streak. He likes to untie himself and take himself for adventures...
That’s just so so lovely, you’ve made me cry ❤️❤️

Hope they have many years together xxxx
Thank you, don't cry! Be happy like we are!
Such a lovely story for all concerned and what a thoughtful gift for mum. Hope they have many many happy years together.
Thank you, I just know they will.
Aww, that's amazing, what a wonderful bit of scheming on the part of you and your Dad :D
Trapper does have a gorgeous kind face - here's to many happy hacking years together
Hehe, dad is a manager through and through so had a very business like approach, including meeting in Costa to create spreadsheets and the documents we gave to mum as part of the 'here he is' announcement.
What a lovely happy story to read! I hope they enjoy many years together. xx
Thank you!
Bless ❤️ What a lovely story, wishing them many happy years together ��
Thank you too!
My eyes just leaked a little bit....
Mine did, too!!
Brilliant, they sound like a match made in heaven! And you will get to spend more time with mum too !
They really are, and yes I'm really looking forward to it, I love horsey time together.
What a lovely, kind face he has. I'm sure he and your mum will have many happy times ahead ��
I just know it...
I think I have some dust in my eyes. What a lovely story & what a happy pair they are. I wish them many more years of happiness.
Thank you very much x
How lovely!! And such a gorgeous face
Doesn't he just look so smoochable??
Congratulations! Best Christmas Ever!
I know!!
Great thread Happy Xmas!

Thank you :)

Clodagh

Visit site
Fantastic! May they have lloads of fun together. He looks like the cracking sort of old fashioned pony that are so hard to find.