The Oaks

Clodagh

Visit site
Anyone watch it?
I dn't really do flat racing but popped the telly on for that.
Wow, isn't Pink Dog Rose gorgeous? But got to love Frankie! What a jockey, and an interviewers dream.
I loved he put his whip away and hand and heeled to the line (I know he had probably had his allowed whacks but still).
Anapurna does have the look of her sire about her.

tristar

Visit site
missed it due to hair appointment, who won?

did you see phoenix of spain in 2000 guineas?

who do you fancy for the derby?

i thought oh purple reign would have won the second race if it had been longer distance

Clodagh

Visit site
I only saw the Oaks. I would love Telecaster tomorrow. Anapurna won under a super ride.
The owners actually looked like they knew which end of a horse was which!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Im like you Clodagh, dont do "flat" racing but I pick at the Derby meeting and Royal Ascot! Watched the Oaks and totally agree with you about the 2nd, absolutely stunning looking filly, reminded me a bit of Sprinter Sacre, big, dark and elegant. I believe the owners of the winner are a long established family in the flat racing game and would know a thing or two about horses. If they win the Derby tomorrow thatll be some celebration

Visit site
The people who bred Anapurna also bred Telecaster. I hope they can do the double but I can't see Telecaster winning. The way O'Briens horses are going forget the first string and go for the 2nd or 3rd string lol! Though saying that I would love a Camelot offspring win the Derby! I loved him as a racehorse! I wouldn't rule out Bangkok either.

bonny

Visit site
I thought it was good that a classic was won by someone other than Coolmore or an Arab, makes a change anyway and that frankel has now sired a classic winner. Hard not to think that tomorrow it will be normal service resumed !

Clodagh

Visit site
I know nothing about the flat, so just support Frankie Dettori. So Circus Maximus for me tomorrow. (Although would love Telecaster to do it).

Visit site
So I went for the Ballydoyle 3rd string - Anthony Van Dyke - and my theory has yet again been proben correct! Don't go for their first string 😂😂😂

I am so pleased for Seamie. He has been a Ballydoyle stalwart for years, forever being the pace maker, forever setting the race up for the others and now he has claimed the big one for himself!