The old Albion K2 vs New Albion K2 jump saddles

seabsicuit2

Visit site
So have ridden in a friends Brand new Albion K2 jump saddle- amazing to ride in.

So bought a 5 year old Albion K2 for my big mare& it just did not feel the same & mare didn't particularly like it.

Are the newer K2 jump saddles made differently to the old K2's? Can't swap saddles around the horses to see this as they have different fittings/flocking.

seabsicuit2

Visit site
I think all Albions are very heavy, that is a bit of a drawback.

I did hear a rumour that the newer dressage K2 saddles had a much narrower twist in them. But not sure wether this applies to the jump saddles & what year this came into force!

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Haha it does indeed!! Maybe I need to sell the Albion & track down a MW/ Wide B.Whitaker just for the big girl!
I haven't had a chance yet to sit in this lovely new Whitaker saddle yet due to my being off games. Really looking forward to it for tomorrow. I've already tried it for size on the thoroughbreds & it's spot on with the fit :)

NR99

Visit site
New K2 is very light compared to the older model that R's instructor has - in fact it is not heavy at all and similar to her old Barnsby Whittaker Pony Saddle. Also much neater than the instructors saddle which although the same size looks quite long on Pig, that said R says she feels equally secure in both.