The perversity of ponies

Asimmons

www.apricotfox.com
As some of you may know, one of the pos has been the victim of a stag attack so I now bring them in (rats!) at dusk before Mr Bully Boy Buck can have another go. Girls have been as good as gold. Come when called. Stand while haltered etc etc....until today. Poor Purdey ( the victim) wants desperately to come in. She is still sore, bless her. But Saffron..the stomach on legs...says 'NO!'. now Purdey cannot even draw breath without Saffron's permission, so , althogh she is all ready to head off to the safety of her box and the delight of a yummy hfibre supper, she cannot possibly go if Saff won't. Saff cantering around, farting in my general direction. Purdey hanging her head and looking baleful...but will NOT go through the gate.
So they are both still out. And it's dark. And I'm worried. Please send anti- deer vibes!

StarFell

Visit site
Lol naughty Saffron! I'm sure they'll be fine, I'd have thought the chances of it coming back this one night are slim
wink.gif

Asimmons

www.apricotfox.com
Tried to get them in again at 11pm...Saff did her flashy 'big trot' all round the field while Purdey pretty much put her own headcollar on. oh, and in case you wonder why we don't have the wit to leave the headcollars on, thereby facilitating swifter capture....well, you can guess who can get hers off in a nano second...and trample on it to render it invisible!
They are fine this morning and had breakfast in the sunshine. It is very difficult managing two ponies who are diametrically opposed in terms of temperament, appetite and speed of eating...but who cannot bear to be separated. Saff wolfs down her rations and then moves in on Purdey's...except that I stand there policing the whole thing. Purdey eats sooooooo slowly that it is like watching paint dry ( nothing wrong with her teeth...just likes to take her time. Prob had a mum who said 'chew your food a hundred times before swallowing' !)...