The pony club novice Eveting test 2013 (help)

naza

Visit site
Am dong this test soon, and am a bit confused about movement
2. Between B &F - half circle right 15 metres diameter retuning to the track at M ..
can nylons explain this movement to me? Is it just a loop? Do I go over the centre line or meet it? I'm on new iPad over wise would add diagram of my interpretation.
Naomi

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
What I did was literally a half 15m circle (so past the centre line) then diagonally back to M (or what ever that marker is) that's what others seemed to be doing as well, I wasn't beeped but didn't wait for my sheet. Someone may know slightly better or describe it better anyway.

Hattikins

Visit site
You would ride a 15m half circle which takes you to the 3/4 line the other side of the centre line (an arena is 20m wide). Then ride a straight line to your marker (in this case M). It is in effect a sort of tear drop shaped loop. :)

Dusty85

Visit site
Think of it like an ice cream cone shape- leave the track as though you are doing a full 15m circle, then change your direction and head straight back to M

naza

Visit site
Ah okay thAnks guys, my loop was too small that've been practising.
As it says between B&F if I did it say at F I would essntiAlly follow the arena down to the bottom, past A then cut in at 3/4 (if that makes sense?)

monte1

Visit site
My daughter has done this test a few times now and has described it as riding a kind of cheese wedge, looks really strange on paper, but rides much better :)) good luck !