The price of trailers ?

asmp

Visit site
I’m sure I saw an Ifor Williams 506 on FB yesterday that is older than mine for £6000! I paid £4400 brand new in 2014 and this one was the previous model (Mark 1?). It did have the front ramp on the kerbside so perhaps this made it more sort after but even so, what a price! I know it’s that time of year when everyone wants one but……

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
There are less barriers to entry now as the requirement to test has been removed, thus there is more demand and thus they go up in price. It's the same reason 3.5t are seriously more expensive than 7.5t

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
They're mental at the moment! I nearly bought a 3.5T but the prices on what were essentially flimsy conversions, I decided to just get a new trailer.

I bought my HB506 a few years ago for £3500 & sold it for £3000 just before the prices went up as my youngsters a squeeze in there, I could have sold it for double that now by the looks! Its crazy!!!
I've now bought a year old Bockmann - after seeing them everything seems so rattly & flimsy :oops: I always discounted them due to the higer price, but in the grand scheme the way things are now, they're not that much more than other used ones & in my opinion, at least they're worth it!

Horseysheepy

Visit site
Just having this discussion with my partner. My older model Ifor horse box and our livestock trailer are now worth more than what we bought them for. 2nd hand market is huge as supply is not meeting demand and of course the end of trailer tests. May be an increase in trailer thefts too unfortunately.

asmp

Visit site
Just having this discussion with my partner. My older model Ifor horse box and our livestock trailer are now worth more than what we bought them for. 2nd hand market is huge as supply is not meeting demand and of course the end of trailer tests. May be an increase in trailer thefts too unfortunately.
That’s the worry as my trailer isn’t insured for anything like that kind of money.

Horseysheepy

Visit site
It makes a change owning things that are worth more than you bought for once!!!

But yes, we've had to tweak our farm insurance, even our mobile sheep handling system and hurdles etc are in demand, not just by farmers but for scrap metal, we are hiding hurdles in stables to deter the passing opportunists. It's a bit mad!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
That’s the worry as my trailer isn’t insured for anything like that kind of money.
Mine neither. I've owned my Ifor from new in 2006, and had it insured for the price I paid for it (£3600) up until about 3 years ago, when I thought it time to downgrade it to £2500. Need to more than double that now :oops:. Best get cracking contacting my ins co.

Sealine

Visit site
If you want to buy a brand new Ifor Williams there is long lead time from order to receiving your trailer. A friend enquired recently and if I remember correctly it's at least 6 months. This along with the changes to trailer test has resulted in the increase in the price of second hand trailers.

Birker2020

Visit site
I’m sure I saw an Ifor Williams 506 on FB yesterday that is older than mine for £6000! I paid £4400 brand new in 2014 and this one was the previous model (Mark 1?). It did have the front ramp on the kerbside so perhaps this made it more sort after but even so, what a price! I know it’s that time of year when everyone wants one but……
The prices have gone up considerably in the last two plus years, well since lockdown really for some weird reason. Supply and demand has gone crazy, I've re insured mine for £2,000 now its been resprayed, it's been insured for only £200 for the past ten years. I think premium wise its about £75 a year with SEIB now up from £56 a year.

skint1

Visit site
It is absolutely mental. Some people I know had a new style Ifor stolen recently, the sum insured won't replace it, even with the older style.

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
The dealer where I bought my Bockmann who also sells Bateston, said Bateson wont even give an ETA on any builds ordered at the moment as likely over a year, and Bockmann is December earliest! So I bought a 1yr old one already in stock to save the wait.

leflynn

Visit site
I managed to buy an older 505 this time last year when the prices were starting to rise, its in superb condition and I know I can sell it for a lot more than I paid for it (I'm not parting with it, but might up the insurance)

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
I bought my ifor 505 classic 3 years ago. I paid £3000 for it. It was the last year they built them, 2007? Saw similar trailer advertised, same colour, same year, mine is possibly better condition, that trailer was £3600.

suestowford

Visit site
If you want to buy a brand new Ifor Williams there is long lead time from order to receiving your trailer. A friend enquired recently and if I remember correctly it's at least 6 months. This along with the changes to trailer test has resulted in the increase in the price of second hand trailers.
A neighbour of mine has one of the long flat open Ifor trailers (to carry his mini-digger) and he told me the other day that although he usually trades in for a new one every few years, he can't as there is a two year wait time for those ones at the moment.

maisie06

Visit site
Oh my word - I have an old Ifor - 1996 model I think, I keep meaning to advertise it for a few hundred quid as it needs stripping back, new floor, tyres and Brakes....might be actually worth doing the work and selling for a decent price then??