The Reluctant Groom, ie, your husband

mariebeard

New User
Visit site
I recently saw a great book advertised either in H&H or Horse, it was written by the husband of an amateur equestrienne and his account of his 'role' as groom. It was written very 'tongue in cheek'. I would love to get it for my husband as a stocking filler. Does anyone know the book I am referring to.

Merry Christmas to everyone <font color="blue"> </font>

_OC_

Visit site
Hi I can't find the book...if you try Waterstones they should if they can't then why not give him Tina Bettison "Live With A Horse Addict" I had her "Horse To Train Its Human" I brought quite a few copy's and gave some as pressies ...she is so funny!! Retails at £3.99...if that's any help!

pottamus

Visit site
Ha ha! I have got both of those books on my christmas list this year!!!!! Thought they would be worthy of a laugh over the mince pies (no one else is horsey in my familiy and have to put up with my smell and same conversation throughout the year)!!!!!!!!!

mariebeard

New User
Visit site
I have had a look on Amazon and found it, Enter at A Laughing by Brian McKeown (A dressage husband). It looks very funny. My husband is a very supportive but long suffering dressage husband. I have trained him to call my tests for me and he also has his set jobs to do when we arrive at shows, mucking out the trailer, rolling up the bandages (the right way!). I am very lucky!