The Saga continues

Halfpass

Visit site
If you have kept up with my posts on my mare then well done. Went to see her tonight and she was calmer again. Groomed her in the stable the turned her into school. Noticed when brinning her back to stable that she was lame. Must have bashed her leg in stable as fetlock is all swollen. Cold hosed and noticed a small cut. On the plus side though this has made her much calmer!!!

Lottie7

Visit site
God what an awful time you've had! Hope her fetlock is nothing serious.

Our YO was going to use a 5 day wormer but on vets advice she decided to use one dose of Equest instead. They said she was a bit late in targeting small encysted red in any case (Nov). Doesn't anyone else on your yard agree with you about doing worm counts? Can't you get together and make a suggestion to her? I know it's difficult but your YO might expect you to do this again in Feb/March?

Anyway, keep your chin up.....

runaway

Visit site
By now HP she's possibly getting the idea and realises that flinging herself about etc isn't doing any good and that she's just got to tolerate staying in!!
smirk.gif
You never know this could be the reason.

Anyway if she appears calmer then that's good. Hopefully she'll start to tuck into her food again now and resume normality. I think it's a good idea for you to keep bringing her in to be stabled after this episode, especially if she does calm down totally as it'll keep things on the right track, I believe.

Sorry to hear she's banged her fetlock , it's a good reason for you to work on the bonding again though having to deal with a wound. Not that it's good that she's got it tho, you know what I mean
crazy.gif

Keep smiling
smile.gif