The scale of training and how to remember?

melv1lle

sams-progress.blogspot.com
I have started using the scale of training - Rythmn, Suppleness, Contact, Impulsion, Straightness & Collection - to try and improve my dressage basics. However although I can remember the steps when I am sat in front of my computer they all go out of my head when I am on my horse. So my question is - does anyone have any good ways of keeping focused on the basics when you are riding? My main issue is around keeping my contact balanced i.e. same contact on both reins when I am turning. Any thoughts??

melv1lle

sams-progress.blogspot.com
Sounds quite good doesn't it ... shame I can't do it all when I am actually on my horse
crazy.gif

Errm, as for the Prelim we haven't managed it quite yet. I had a trial run a couple of weeks ago when I took Sam to the warm up ring of a show at the stables. He went absolutely nuts - blowing, leaping around and whinnying like a maniac. So I am still building up the confidence to let him loose at a real competition ... although my new Albion K2 has turned up so even though he will act like a monster at least he will look like a star
grin.gif

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Sov was the same when I took him along to the Pony Club annual show for a ride around
grin.gif
. He will settle soon enough. The turning corners thing with your hands, I use the pretending to have hold of a stick so that they dont wobble about and add to the confusion that is my schooling!
crazy.gif

Tempi

Visit site
bananaman's little rhyme worked for me as i when i did talent spotting this year and they asked me i was going through that in my head!!! youve just got to make sure you get suppleness and straightness in the right order!