The shortest day!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
this year for the first time since 1967, i have the dubious pleasure to have no horse to worry about and look after during the winter months.....to be honest its mentally killing me....and i would never have given up if i was younger and physically able to do it all...so enjoy (if that is the right word) your horses while you can even in the horrible weather....

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I hate March the most. Just as you think spring might be arriving instead you get terrible weather, wrecked fields, very little grass and everyone else doing things with their horses as the evenings get lighter. Meanwhile most of my local events are cancelled because of wet and I get blown off the hill or have filthy socks because my wellies are stuck in the mud.

Reactions: DD

millikins

Visit site
does anyone not find Jan/feb to be the worst months tho? I definitely do for the fields and weather etc, my fields tend to be not too bad then January hits and they turn into mud baths

It's worse because you know Spring is on the way and get impatient. I always find the animals funny, they are the same, sick to death of hay and craving anything remotely green :)