The Verdict-horses are safe!

JMRT

Visit site
The Operation Esther Gathering outside the Oxford Court have told us that the horses are safe for now!

Well done to everyone who supported this and the petition

JMRT

Visit site
Yes more to follow once all the information is out there

But for the moment Esther and her friends remain in the care of the Welfare Organisations!

Daffodil

Visit site
WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS. EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE IS WONDERING WHY I'M SITTING HERE WITH TEARS POURING DOWN MY FACE! WELL DONE EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HARD WORK.

Visit site
Fantastic, well done all of you. I've just got back from taking the children to see the horses at The Home for Rest at Speen and couldn't wait to get on the computer as soon as I got back to see what had happened! Great news.

Paddywhack

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I cant stop the tears and everytime i read the horses are safe it's making me cry even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At last....there's light at the end of the tunnel.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats make 2 of us..God know how many people that i emailed the link to,i email in desperation the judge last night BEGGING him to let the animal remain where they are at the moment,but in the same breath appologising for bothering him ,and it was read 9.34 this morning,i just hope that the other horses are also safe from the market ? or do we have to start all over again ?

Cuffey

Visit site
I was surprised when my email to the Judge didnt bounce--expected his box to be full but no idea if he read it.
My point was that no self respecting farmer loses 20% of his stock in one winter, this must indicate something was wrong and please to look deeper and get all the facts before returning any animals to the farm.

caramac

Visit site
Such fantastic news. Perhaps we should all e mail the judge thanking him now
grin.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Was it the same judge?
I emailed him, the PM, even the Queen....
grin.gif
(you never know, she does have a weekly audience with Gordon Brown and was bound to have read about the case, so something interesting for her to discuss with him for a change)

caramac

Visit site
I wonder if anyone actually got into the court and managed to sit in on the hearing. It would be interesting to hear what happened first hand and what JG's face was like when it was overturned.

reynold

Visit site
bucks press says £3000 costs awarded against JG and he's going to appeal that

wonder what his solicitor's costs are so far ?

caramac

Visit site
In the "Breaking News - Bucks Free Press" post it says that when the judgement was made a packed public gallery stood and applauded the judge. Fantastic!! I think I would have burst into tears if I had been there. Someone who comes on her must have there. Can't wait to hear from them.

EquineOnline

www.equineonline.net
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if anyone actually got into the court and managed to sit in on the hearing. It would be interesting to hear what happened first hand and what JG's face was like when it was overturned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Claire Thomson on the Facebook group sat through the whole thing. I'm sure she won't mind giving the gory details if yousign up and message her:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10726482380

The bad news she went to his yard to night (Spindles I assume) and there are other horses there. I guess we know where they are going
frown.gif