The (very) Alternative Burghley Report

unbalanced

Visit site
So, safe in the knowledge that I am NEVER going to ride around Burghley (unless of course they open in up as one of the south's premier hacking destinations; that would be great) I decided to go round it on foot instead. The event was called Rat Race Dirty Weekend if you have heard of it - twenty miles and 200 obstacles on various themes.
Well, apart from running we scrambled through broken up cars, bounced over a bouncy castle, jumped hurdles, ran through the water jump (several times once on our hands and knees through a little tunnel), ran through the woods, clambered over a number of the horse trials cross country jumps (they are way bigger than I thought and I had to get a leg up to do the roll top). We swam in the lake (imagine the tv show 'wipe out' and you have the idea), crawled through mud, swung on ropes, climbed over a stack of straw hestons, hefted each other over an 8' wall... Actually it was really fun, much better than a boring old half marathon.
Sadly no photos as although my parents came 'to watch' they left straight away to pick something up off eBay and never came back until it was over! There was a pro-tog so for your amusement I will post a link once those are up.
Thanks for reading. I can offer full English if you got this far.