The weather has got me thinking

Madam_max

Visit site
How often are you riding at the moment. I am normally good and ride whatever the weather, but this is a joke!! Plus the fact the school at my new yard is surrounded by huge trees and they scare me in this wind. I still ride about 5 days a week if I can.

TGM

Visit site
I seem to be managing alternate days at the moment - can't see the point in going out in torrential rain and gale force winds - riding is meant to be enjoyable!

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
bloomin weather i rode sunday and tuesday, work all day mon and weds, today yeah well blowing a hooly still here and started peeing down now (typical as i was just going to ride), so trying to school 3 times a week and hack, but i guess if its raining like it has been hacking not that safe, too many puddles round our lanes.

BBs

Visit site
Finding it a bit difficult but managing to something with them 6 days a week atm whether its lunging schooling or hacking. They also go on teh walker.
But I try if they have a day off in teh week i turn them out.

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Im managing about 5 days a week currently, although every single time do i tack up we seem to have a downpour. Im not quite as bothered about riding in the rain as I am the wind though.

Our outdoor school was also suffering last night and given the rain we had over night I might not bother riding today.

I just wish it would drop cold and clear up
frown.gif
It feels like its been raining for weeks.

ExtremeB

Visit site
Not been out since Sunday. Yard is undergoing major work so to bring her in from field involves passing big yellow diggers, trailers and a tractor parked right outside her stable. Figured that taking her out in the wind after facing all of that was just too risky. Hope the weekend is calm so we can get out then.
Still, once work is done yard will be much improved so worth it in long run.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
Im managing at the moment with the bad rain not very many times a week. All the comps near me are cancelled as a lot of them are outside. Also the paddock is like the beach at the moment he would fall over if i lunged or rode him in there and due to not being rode much is a bit of a tart out on the rodes as he is spooky anyway. Its really getting me down the weather WHEN WILL IT EVER STOP RAINNING??

ARRGh

Tempi

Visit site
last day Archie had off was monday and that was because of his injections. Bloss had last friday off as the weather was awful, but i still lunge archie even if its raining! its all part of his education im afraid!
grin.gif

samp

Visit site
Lot's had monday off, schooled Tues in strong winds, lunged yesterday. Now though the sandschool is under water up one end so depends what that is like tonight really?

calon

Visit site
i usually ride everyday summer and 5 days winter but its got to 3 days riding and 3 days lungeing its so bad where we are too

_jetset_

Visit site
Grace had yesterday off, and that will be it now until next week... Obviously Hannah has every day off, but she has been going out every other day come rain or shine
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
I would of ridden all week but the power went down the yard and i have only had my car headlights all week.

Its back today but i am out tomorrow and cant ride so thought i would give her the rest of the week off and start again on Saturday.

Quarrybank

Visit site
I normally ride 5 days a week in winter. However this week has been a bit hit & miss. Rode Sat & Sun, but he had Monday off (Injections & rain/wind!) Had Tuesday off because I had to work late.
frown.gif
Managed to school last night (a bit windy but dry) I'm hoping to ride tonight but I'll play it by ear. He may get lunged if it's really awful. Plus he'll have tomorrow off as I've got to work late again.
frown.gif
However he'll get ridden both days at the weekend.... come rain or shine!
If he does have a day off, he still goes out, so I don't worry too much.
grin.gif

pottamus

Visit site
Not as much as I like as just been so busy with work! Not bothered about the weather as he is pretty wind proof but just can't seem to make time with everything that needs doing...and I am self employed working from home!!!
frown.gif
May as well get a full time office job at this rate...working from home was supposed to give me the opportunity to ride MORE! What a joke...although I still sneak on here from time to time!
But he is probably ridden 3/4 times a week...although leading up to Christmas will get tricky as I am away most weekends...

not_with_it

Visit site
Not much unfortunatly. So far I have ridden twice this week and lunged once. She will have today off as it is peeing it own.

Me and Gin are fair weather people.
grin.gif

Ash the arab

Visit site
It is blowing a gale here today - with a good dash of rain thrown in!!
But i did brave it and took Joe round the fields. We only did 30 mins but had a good few canters and got back in 1 piece!
wink.gif

He has only had 1 day off this week and as we don't have a school to ride in i think we are doing quite well!